Author Topic: Guess what surprise was waiting for me tonight?  (Read 5219 times)

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Guess what surprise was waiting for me tonight?
« on: October 19, 2010, 12:52:46 am »
So, took the girlfriend round to the house tonight that I'm renovating before we move in to see the brand new doors and windows that had been installed, went to open the front door and found the chain was on.

Immediate dread - I knew someone was either in the house or had been, but I couldn't get in.

Had to go to a store to purchase a screwdriver and then use that, backwards, through a small gap to slowly remove the screws and the attachment from the chain.

Got in, and yup. Some little turds had smashed the bottom half of my brand new back door (doors and windows replaced 2 weeks ago). They'd hoooked one of my bag for life's on the fence and loaded it with an assortment of tools, screw sets etc, and left it hanging there. Has also taken an old Freeview box and left that on the ground outside.

The fact that they'd considered a few items but in the end taken nothing makes me think they may have been disturbed when I returned the first time, before having to go shopping for a screwdriver.

Police dusted but they'd worn gloves and not cut themselves. So they took nothing, and have left me with thousand(s)? worth of damage for the trouble.

Same lot also did two of my neighbours.

I want to crush their ghoolies.
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
Re: Guess what surprise was waiting for me tonight?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 06:00:27 am »
Get a rottweiler ... d**n punks, makes one go homicidal.