Author Topic: Aircraft Installation  (Read 7559 times)

Offline EHM-1997 Alexander

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Aircraft Installation
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:33:28 am »
Aircraft Installation

How to install an aircraft?
Download the appropriate version from our site (FS2000 or FS2002). The downloaded aircraft will come in an exe file. Just double-click it and the installations will begin. If you use FS2002, it will automatically be installed in the right directory; for FS2000 planes you have to select your main FS2000 directory by clicking Browse during the installation procedure.

The self-extracting archive won't find my FS installation!
If you use FS2002, the program will automatically find your FS2002 directory and install the plane there. However if it has trouble locating the directory, or if you use a different version (e.g. FS2004), click on Browse and select manually the FS root folder (e.g. 'D:\Programs\FS') during installation.

I believe I installed the plane in the correct way but it won't show up in FS
1. Some turboprops use the FS2000/2002 PRO Beech 350 King Air sounds and panel; if you have the Standard version (not Pro) change these to the default Learjet 45 sounds and panel (see Section 5.2 of the Operations Manual) or install custom panels/sounds
2. Some archives contain only bitmaps; you have to download and install some other aircraft to use them (e.g. to use the Cartoon Network 738, you have to install first the EuroHarmony standard livery 738)

How to install panels?
The best thing is to open the file and look for readme.txt. The readme file always explains how the add-on should be installed. However here are some general guidelines:
- move all BMP files and PANEL.CFG to the PANEL folder of the plane (e.g. fs2002\aircraft\ehm328\panel)
- move all GAU and ZIP files to the GAUGES folder of the main FS directory
- move all WAV files (if any) to the SOUND folder of the main FS directory

How to install sounds?
The best thing is to open the file and look for readme.txt. The readme file always explains how the add-on should be installed. However here are some general guidelines:
- move all WAV files and SOUND.CFG to the SOUND folder of the plane (e.g. fs2002\aircraft\ehm328\sound

How to install scenery?
- in FS\ADDON SCENERY, make a folder with the scenery name (for example BUDAPEST) and make 2 sub-folders in it, SCENERY and TEXTURE
- move all BGL files to FS2002\ADDON SCENERY\BUDAPEST\SCENERY
- move all texture files (BMP, AF, R8, PAT) to FS2002\ADDON SCENERY\BUDAPEST\TEXTURE
- start FS. Click on Settings > Scenery Library then 'Add area'. Select the folder you made (in this example it's FS2002\ADDON SCENERY\BUDAPEST). Select 'Use this scenery directly' and click on OK.

How to add a GPS to a panel?
Open 'panel.cfg' with Notepad (e.g. fs2002\aircraft\eho_f0\panel\panel.cfg). In the [WINDOW TITLES] section add:
windowXX=GPS

Add to the end of the file:
[WindowXX]
size_mm=150,250
position=8
BACKGROUND_COLOR=16,16,16
VISIBLE=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
gauge00=gps!gps,0,0,150,250

XX is the next number used; e.g. if you have already window00, window01 and window02; then XX should be 03.
EHM-1997 Alexander Worton
VA Management: Web Developer

PC: i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, SSD, Nvidia GTX 780
Mac: 27" iMac i5, 4GB Ram, ATI HD 5750
IVAO: 353030 VATSIM: 1117910

anything