Author Topic: EuroHarmony Company Channel  (Read 13352 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
EuroHarmony Company Channel
« on: November 26, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
By popular demand, and because it really adds to our online community, we have set up a Company Channel Voice Server of our own!

It offers voice communication between pilots when flying online, either as a group or alone. When flying as a group, any pilot can create a sub-channel for that group, should that add to the clarity of communications. When flying online, and there is no ATC available, pilots can simply connect to the root channel to talk to any other pilot that is connected (either flying or not ;) )

This document:
LINK TO INSTRUCTIONS
explains the few simple steps it takes to set up your voice client.

It is all still in a beta stage, so you might have some issues, or remarks. We have created this thread for that:
http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,7243.0.html#new

TIP: assign a different Push-To-Talk button to this server than to the regular Teamspeak server, and you can talk to both ATC and fellow pilots (don't mix up the two buttons, though ;))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 01:06:48 pm by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: EuroHarmony Company Channel
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 09:07:44 pm »
UPDATE              UPDATE                   UPDATE

As of today, the Mumble server is hosted on a different server, which I have much more control over.
Account and address settings are pretty much unchanged, but is does mean that all existing users that have self-registered back in the days (one-time right-click on the name after making a succesful connection, then choose self-register) no longer exist as registered users. You will have to review your connection settings according to the renewed instructions linked in the opening post, and you will need to enter a password (only once, don't worry ;) ) to connect the first time. It is all in the updated instructions, so read them carefully.

This move should take care of the connection issues some of us had recently. I have tested the new setup, and I could talk three ways between my PC, my laptop, and my iPad, both when connected through my local network, and through the external connection (ehmcc.no-ip.org) that you guys all will be using.
Also, the instructions are hosted on that same server, so if you can read the instruction, than you can already connect to the server :)

Anyway, we'll see in the next couple of weeks if everybody is able to re-connect to the Mumble server, and join in on the fun of being able to speak directly to each other while flying online together. Makes things so much more enjoyable  ;D

P.S. If you download the latest client (1.3.0 as I write this) the client will look a little different, graphically, than what is depicted in the instructions. Functionally, however, everything is still the same. That's why I did not update the graphics in the instructions (much). There is no real need to update the client software; the older 1.2.* versions will still work OK too. But if you want to have the latest one, you sure can!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 01:06:59 pm by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 06:56:07 am »
As almost no one seems to use Mumble due to installation issues, I have created a Discord channel as an alternative.

If you go to discord.com and create an account if you don't already have one (the free option is good enough), you can follow the invitaion link below to join the EHM Company Channel Discord server.
Disclaimer: As I am very new to this myself, I might not be able to provide support if you are experiencing problems.

Use the below link to join the channel. You should only need to join once; the channel will be in your list of memberships the next time you log in to Discord.
https://discord.gg/CFA3z4wJaU
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 01:06:12 pm »
I have now decided not to maintain the Mumble server anymore, and repurpose the Raspberry Pi it was running on for a web server of my own.
From now on, the Discord channnel is the only means of online voice communication with fellow pilots.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud