Author Topic: Tropical Traders Event; the whole story in pictures  (Read 62275 times)

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
Re: Tropical Traders Event; the whole story in pictures
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2013, 03:03:10 pm »
Thanks for the message Peter. This time i'll be in! See you to-morrow
Gian

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2013, 08:40:37 pm »
Sorry guys,
too late, too tired ...
off to bed to crash for the night.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2013, 09:24:32 am »
Gian, Trevor and I were the three diehards that flew leg 18 of the Tropic Traders Tour last evening. Again a flight mainly over water. Halfway Gian noticed that a strange plane with an unknown callsign appeared on FSCommander. Normally we fly in these regions all by ourselves.  It appeared to be David in a very fast Raptor (I think!). Glad you still could join us, David!

While the others flew at 4500ft in a clear blue sky, I encountered some thunderstorms and had to stay low at 1500ft. I'm still very curious how the weather is provided in FS and how realistic that is? I use Activesky2012, IVAO's weather engine shutdown.

Here's the Doodle-link for leg 19: http://www.doodle.com/5pdmgid4tuaqe8ay.

As you probably know, I won't be present. So I hope that someone else takes care of the scheduling.

Have a very nice flight and hope to meet you on Mumble after the 12th of May.

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2013, 05:14:12 pm »
The Doodle link somehow did not work for me, but I am flying leg 19 tomorrow, the 2nd of May.
Now that we have a new king, and I am more or less sober again, I feel I should give it a try.

As leg 19 is pretty long (470 nm), I intend to take of at around 20:30 Dutch time, which I believe is 1830Z now (with daylight saving time, and all)

Anyone care to join me?
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2013, 09:00:29 pm »
Hello Erik, i am out of town until Sunday! I expect to fly this leg either Sunday evening or Monday 6th at the latest! We'll hopefully rebuild the group for the last hops! Take care ;)
Gian

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2013, 11:29:17 pm »
My Internet connexion is only until tomorrow, but not sure until what time (stick/USB wi-fi connexion) and of course depends the my father's health, until now not so good :'( but who knows. See you for the lasts legs guys, I mean when I'll come back to Geneva for sure.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:41:57 pm by EHM-2589 David »

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #131 on: May 06, 2013, 09:45:53 am »
Good news! :) Holidays are here! :)

Bad news too ... It means I probably won't be able to finish the TT event. Or at least not on line, because internet connection at the camping (through my iPhone as hotspot) really does not allow for online flying.
Will try to do the remaining few flights on my laptop with the new flight logger, and new FSUIPC (just tested that, and it all works), and only use the internet connection for filing the PIREP. That is: if I get around to flying at all, of course.
This week I'll have a couple of days off (so I'll go to the camping), next week I'll be in Frankfurt for work, and the week after I'll be on my "real" spring Holiday.

Somewhere in between, by the way, I'll be part of a scientific experiment, using a full-motion military flight simulator ... http://www.desdemona.eu/
But more on that later ;)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2013, 05:06:55 pm »
Hi guys,

From my holiday address in the south of France, I'll try to get the World Traders Tour pilots together again for the next leg, which is, I think, leg. 21. So if we want to fly together online sometime next week, here's the Doodle link: http://www.doodle.com/7mu3zf4567sz3sck

Greetings from a sunny Cote d'Azur and hope to meet you on Mumble!

Peter