Author Topic: Gallery chat  (Read 4790 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Gallery chat
« on: June 07, 2009, 12:36:25 pm »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:48:58 pm by EHM-0654 Murray »
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-2155 Mariano

• Sub-orbital
Re: Gallery chat
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:18:42 am »
Wow very nice, I love that simple code and the zoom effect, thumbs up all the way :D Very big congrats to the Management for pulling this off, the whole new forum looks resplendid.

Couple of questions.... should we stop using the screenshot function on the main page? Is there a limit of uploaded screenshots per pilot?

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Re: Gallery chat
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:27:50 am »
Wow very nice, I love that simple code and the zoom effect, thumbs up all the way :D Very big congrats to the Management for pulling this off, the whole new forum looks resplendid.

Couple of questions.... should we stop using the screenshot function on the main page? Is there a limit of uploaded screenshots per pilot?

Thanks for the positive comments Mariano.

Right now, we've not got the new gallery linked into the main website. We do want to replace the main site screenshot gallery function with the one from the forum (as it's much nicer to work with, and administrate) but there is a chunk of work to do on the main site to ensure the authentication between the pair of them is right, so for we cannot recommend using only one (but working with the new gallery is favourite in our book)

As for image limits, I believe (off the top of my head) that the limit is in the hundreds of thousands - I suspect we'll run out of disk space on the server before we run into file number limits.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON