Author Topic: A gastronomical adventure: a New VFR tour throughout France  (Read 49927 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
A gastronomical adventure: a New VFR tour throughout France
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »
As announced here: http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/index.php/topic,7670.0.html,
We have a New tour throughout France.
This thread is for reactions to that announcement, and for getting together to perhaps fly in groups online.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
Re: A gastronomical adventure: a New VFR tour throughout France
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 09:25:20 am »

Anyone who like to fly this tour together online on IVAO, please visit the Doodle-scheduler by clicking the link below and choose your favourite date(s) and time.

http://doodle.com/d87xpzfmdcquccbe

For those who like to use the route I planned for this leg, the link below contains a rar-file with flightplans for FSX, FS9 and Xplane: a Plan-G-file; a few VAC's of origin and destination airport.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ng5h9zy90byg5g/leg01%20LFPH-LFRS.rar?dl=0

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

p.s. The RAR-file contains something more, which will be revealed by playing it with the Windows Media Player.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:20:06 pm by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 02:24:29 pm »

Bonjour mes amis,

Just arrived in Chelles, Le Pin France. In four stages (EHGG-EHBK-ELLX-LFPH) I already brought my Cessna182T Skylane to the start airfield near Paris (I hate being late), where the goods to be transported already were unloaded from the truck. I told the guys to wait till next week, but they were in a hurry and couldn't make it during the weekend. So, to check if the contents of the crates I have to carry next week are ok, I opened one of them and took a bottle back to my hotel. I must say, it's not my favorite drink, but it does give me 'a taste of France'.

Hope to meet you (sober) on Mumble next week,

Peter (hiccup...hiccup)

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 03:12:49 pm »
If we fly together I'll expect to use one of them: Cessna 172, Cirrus SR20, Piper Cherokee Arrow III, Piper Seneca III or another possibilities... See you next week guys ;D

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:03:41 pm »
The Doodle-poll just closed:  we'll fly our first leg of the "Give Taste to France" -tour next Wednesday the 10th of December at 20:00h Z.

There're four of us, but we would be very pleased if you'll join us anyway. Don't be afraid of us, were're a bunch of nice guys  ;).

Meet you all  on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 10:06:22 pm »
"Give Taste to France" ... that's what the four of us (Trevor, David, Gian and me) just did last evening while starting this tour flying from a small airfield in the south-east of Paris, called Chelles Le Pin, to our first destination Nantes. But we certainly did more than that: I'm convinced that we gave something else to the guy that was controlling Le Bourget approach: a bad headache! Le Pin actually is situated just outside his airspace, Class A airspace that is. Instead of setting course east to avoid that zone (I initially thought there was a D en E zone too), we flew straight in. Ooooops... Four small planes on a VFR tour were "kindly" requested to leave that airspace. Someone of us was so scared off that he almost flew into Germany, before setting course westbound.

What did we learn from this: stay out of Class A airspace, keep smiling all the way and don't put into practice the proverb: "When in France, do as the French do" (just a free interpretation).

Not bothered by any ATC on our way, we safely landed in Nantes.

The Doodle-link for next weeks flight from Nantes to Rouen: http://doodle.com/vpqvutg42ipm9m6b

and for those who want to use some extra information (Plan G-file; flightplans for FSX, FS9 and Xplane; Charts of Rouen): https://www.dropbox.com/s/bq7zjlczpka4gha/leg02%20LFRS-LFOP.rar?dl=0

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

p.s. if you have any problems downloading the files from Dropbox, just send me a personal mail and I'll send it to you.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:23:59 am by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 08:23:32 pm »
According to the four preferences in the Doodle poll for the second leg of the "Give taste to France" tour, the flight from Nantes to Rouen will take place at Friday the 19th of December at 20:00 H Zulutime.

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 09:01:50 am »
That is good news Peter! I thought I had missed the second leg supposed (in my mind) to be flown yesterday evening! 
So, happy to see you all on Mumble on Friday! ;)
Gian
EHM-1882

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 11:01:26 am »
Hello Guys,

I may be late this evening, but will try to make it anyway, accelerating 4X if necessary to catch up  ;)

Gian

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2014, 09:10:48 am »
It was a rainy evening, while we (David, Gian and me) flew from Nantes to Rouen. Nevertheless we enjoyed our tour and encountered some friendly assistance of Paris_CTR for a change, who guided us in safely at Rouen airport.

Because of the Christmas holidays I'll put a Doodle-link for the next flight on this forum in the first week of the new year.

In the meantime: a Merry Christmas and lots of flights in blue sky in 2015.

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 05:25:21 pm »
Hi Folks !
I was trying to make a flightplan in FS Navigator, but there are some airfields I could not find -
ex.  LFSD,  LFSA; LFLL;  LFDY; 
are this special add ons ?
Is there a solution ?

Cheers
Franz
EHM-1800

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »
Hallo Franz,

If I've understood you correctly, you cann't find the mentioned airports, which are some small ones, in FS Navigator, but do they appear in your Flight Simulator? If not, what FS are you using (FSX or FS9?).
If they are present in your FS, it's FS Navigator that's probably not up to date. Have you evervtried Plan G for planning your flights?

Peter

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 11:00:46 am »
Hi Peter !

I´m using FS9  and that mentioned airport don´t exist even in the flightsimulator.
I can´t load them !

Cheers
Franz
EHM-1800

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2014, 03:09:09 pm »
Hallo Franz,

Because I don't have FS9 myself, I cann't check the existance of the airfields you mentioned. I designed the tour using FSX. Maybe someone else flying FS9 can verify if they exist, however two of them (LFSA and LFLL) are middle large airport which should appear in FS9. LFSD and LFDY are indeed smaller ones. I know from experience that Flightlogger accept an alternate destination in the vicinity of the original one within a certain range: LFQM instead of LFSA, LFBD instead of LFDY! I really don't know the exact distance.

But to be absolutely sure and to avoid disappointments, maybe Eric-Jan can tell you more when he reads this message.

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2014, 06:53:19 pm »
I checked the entire tour before release against all supported sims (FDS9, FSX, XP9, and XP10) with a tool I wrote a couple of years ago (but only the XP10 database could change over time; the others are "static"). At the time I found no errors, so all ICAO codes should be present in FS9 as well. I am firing up FS9 on my laptop as I write this, because my true FS PC is disassembled at the moment. That takes a while, so I have plenty of time to type you an answer ;)

LFSD is present in my "virgin" copy of FS9, see LFSD.jpg You can just see LFSA listed on the top line in that same jpg.
I have checked and found LFLL in the same way.

LFDY, should not have been in the leg list. I should have replaced that one with LFCS as I discussed with Peter at the time. That was for this very reason: it does not exist in FS9... Apparently, I let that one slip through; apologies for that!
I modified the tour legs, but I am not sure what will happen with FL for those that have already assigned themselves this tour, when they get to leg 19. As there is just more than 10 nm between the two, FL will not accept landing on the one airport as having arrived at the other.

The only solution for all that fly FS9 I see at this moment is to fly to LFCS, and file a manual PIREP as if you flew to LFDY. Those that fly FSX or up, can fly to LFDY, as assigned, as it is in their scenery.
Other option is to un-assign and re-assign the tour, but that would erase your record of having flown the legs you have flown thusfar. So that would probably only be an option if you have only just started the tour.

But then there is still the other three airports that really should be in your default scenery, Franz. It looks like there is a different problem with your install, I'm afraid. No clue as to what, though ...

EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 11:36:03 am »
Hi guys in my FS9.1 I've: LFSD Lovgnic Ab (Dijon); LFSA Thise (Besancon); LFLL Saint Exupery (Lyon), but not LFDY, then I'll fly to LFCS Leognan-Saucats (Bordeaux)  ;D

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 01:39:05 pm »
Once you guys get there, let me know what FL thinks of landing at LFCS. It might be that it approves of landing there instead of LFDY ("parked at destination" status), but I am afraid it's a touch too far apart. In that case, if you file a manual PIREP, I will approve it manually, and that's it for the flight itself. At the end of the tour, there's another thing: I expect that, if FL does not accept your landing at LFCS as "at destination", that also the automatic award system will not recognise the tour as being finished.
Should that be the case, then shout out, and I'll see what I can do manually...
This goes only for those that have already assigned themselves the tour, and are flying FS9. So far, I think it's three pilots, so that is manageable manually ;)
Anybody assigning the tour today or later, will have LFCS in their dispatch - assigned flights.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 09:47:24 am »
First of all I would like to wish you all a very good and healthy new year with lots of pleasant hours in the virtual sky.

As promised here's the Doodle link for our next online group flight, the third leg of the "Give a Taste to France" tour:

http://doodle.com/ks7ry9z6y8fytbaw

and of course some files you might want to use to get from Rouen to Vatry:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfiob3p245crkhn/VFR%20Rouen-Vallee%20De%20Seine%20to%20Vatry_Xplane.zip?dl=0

Hope to meet you all on Mumble next week!

Peter

p.s. the Dropbox file looks to be for Xplane only, but that's not the case, I just forgot to change the filename.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:57:55 am by EHM-2758 Peter »

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »
Next Wednesday the 7th of January 2015 at 20:00 H Zulu is scheduled for the third leg of the "Give a taste to France" tour from Rouen to Vatry. Study the route carefully, because we'll be flying close to the class A airspace of Paris and at any time we must avoid possible ATC to get angry.

Meet you all on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-1882 Gian

• Super cruise
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 04:36:43 pm »
Copy that: Wednesday 7 at 20.00Z....Peter is right. Probably our ATC friend will be on line...and will "recognize" us...We must act as the professionals that we are this time ;)....
see you tomorrow!
Gian

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 11:38:51 am »
Hi Guys,

Bed-ridden for a couple of days now and not able to do what I'm doing now. Hopefully I feel a bit better for our next leg of the tour.
here's the Doodle-link: http://doodle.com/kbxya2pbbaw7vwed

and the info-files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdhbeajo91989ry/leg04%20LFOK-LFQO.zip?dl=0

Hope to meet you on Mumble!

Peter

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »

Could be to do with the weather Peter, warm and damp instead of cold and dry.
    Hope your on the mend. ;) 

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 04:21:25 pm »
You're absolutely right, Trevor. . . and an attempt to restore the balance in the bodily fluids by increasing the spirits level in the blood, wasn't affective in the end.  ;)

Peter

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 07:31:07 pm »
Next Thursday the 15th of January at 20:00 H Zulu is scheduled for the fourth leg from Chalons-en-Champagne to Marc-en-Baroeul.

Meet you then on Mumble,

Peter

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 07:32:46 am »
Sorry to hear Mumble was down during the last group flight of yours... I wasn't aware of any problem or I would have fixed it then already.
All is working now, as far as I can tell :)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

anything