Author Topic: Red Crossing Germany  (Read 18282 times)

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Red Crossing Germany
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:31:03 pm »
For those of you that like to fly online, or just be well-prepared:

Here's a link to the VFR charts to go with this event.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c50r2egxcn78dta/Flightplans.rar?dl=0

And the PlanG files for the entire Event (FS9, FSX and X-Plane format)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c50r2egxcn78dta/Flightplans.rar?dl=0
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: Red Crossing Germany
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:17:05 pm »
Are any of you planning to fly the Event on X-Plane 9 or 10 (any sub-version)?
Please let me know, because three airports are unknown in these sims. I can create them, but that's a lot of work. If no-one is going to use them, I am not going to bother...  ;)
X-Plane 11 has them all  ::)

Also, I had to input the route in FS9 ICAO codes; that's the way the site works behind the scenes.
ETSM (Memmingen) in FS9 is called EDJA (Allgau) in FSX and beyond.
If all goes well, and you start the leg to Memmingen in FSX, FL should say your destination is EDJA (despite me entering ETSM in the route table). Fingers crossed!
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:45 pm »
Hi E-J,

First thing first, congratulations for the event, most appropriate for me as for the moment I can only fly GA aircraft using X-Plane 11. Why nothing else works for me any longer is a long story and completely unrelated to the topic  :)

So I checked all stops along the route in X-Plane 11 and I met a couple of problems.

The first is one you already answered, about the non-existing ETSM. I even looked for it on maps and could not find it, but if it's the same as EDJA then problem solved!

The other one is ETEB which exists in X-Plane 11 (not sure about earlier versions), but looks like a helicopter air base with an appropriately short runway (it even has "H"s marked along it). This one is ~1200ft long, which is too short for the Baron, at least in theory  :)  I would suggest EDQF nearby, with a grass runway but one of a more appropriate length of ~2000ft. (I am not sure but this may still be too short for the Beech1900. EDFR has a longer asphalt runway but is further away).

On the good side... ETEB is the last stop before completing the event so it will be some time to decide before the leg opens.

Andrei

Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 12:33:14 pm »
Hi Andrei,

EDJA=ETSM indeed. Not present in X-Plane 9 or 10, but it IS in X-Plane 11  ;D

I only checked if the ICAO exists in all sims, not WHAT they actually were  :D. So I'll have a look into ETEB and see what I can come up with as an X-Plane11 equivalent.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »
If all goes well, and you start the leg to Memmingen in FSX, FL should say your destination is EDJA (despite me entering ETSM in the route table). Fingers crossed!

I just got to this leg in FSX, and things did not go well. FL showed ETSM in magenta, instead of EDJA in green, despite starting FSX well before FL.
Can someone flying FSX see if they have the same problem? That would mean I have to change your leg assignments in the database directly.
Perhaps this also goes for XP 9 and 10. I expect XP11 to work correctly, since Andrei has flown to Memmingen already.

Just not sure if this is just MY problem (I also have FS9 installed), or that I need to dive into the database and fix things for others.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 02:04:24 pm »
I have the same Problem !
Wanted to start Leg 18  EDDF - ETSM 
But Flightlogger shows in magenta EDDF - EDJA  :'( ???

What shall I do ?  In two days i`m for a while absent (holidays)  and want to fly this leg at least tomorrow !!!

Cheers  Franz

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »
I have the same Problem !
Wanted to start Leg 18  EDDF - ETSM  
But Flightlogger shows in magenta EDDF - EDJA  :'( ???

What shall I do ?  In two days i`m for a while absent (holidays)  and want to fly this leg at least tomorrow !!!

Cheers  Franz
Are you flying FS9, Franz?

Whichever sim you fly: make sure you start the sim (all the way until "plane on the apron") before you start FL.

FL should recognise your sim version and use the corresponding ICAO code. If you start FL first, it will use "the last sim used", and there is a difference between FS9 and the rest of the sims. So that could set you up for an error.
Actually, the fact that you say FL shows EDJA as a destination, while I created the leg list with ETSM, indicates that that system kinda works. Only: that line should be in green, and not magenta...

I can modify your assigned leg manually this evening, but I just want to know if that is absolutely necessary.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:17:13 pm by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 06:00:14 pm »
Hi Eric Jan !
Thanks for your answer !
I´m still using FS9  - all the time. I never had FSX !
I could fly all the legs without poroblems, but today it was not possible - for the mentioned reason !
I tried again - after starting FL4 it tells me "Recording started for flight from EDDF - EDJA"  "FL4 - parked"  - but the colour is still in magenta.
I will try this flight this evening and will report you - if it will  not appear in the PIREP, could you do it for me to continue the next leg tomorrow ?

Thanks and cheers 
Franz EHM 1800

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 10:10:43 pm »
Hi Franz,

sorry for my late reply this evening. Your reply got hidden behind another post in this sub-forum, which marked the sub-forum as read, for me. So I didn't notice it right away.

I see in the database your next PP assignment is EDDF-ETSM, which is what FL should fetch for you. Asuming you already tried starting a new flight in FL, it looks like you have a problem with your FL installation. For some weird reason it is loaded with the FSX ICAO code  database.

What you could do to force FL to re-read the FS9.cfg file, and build the subsequent ICAO code database is to remove the FS9.* folder(s) underthe Flighlogger directory (default ibside My Documents) and re-start FS9, then FL, and let FL discover your "new installation" of FS9. That's a time consuming process, but it beats a re-install of FL, because it is part of any re-install.

The weird thing in your case is that FL comes up with the FSX ICAO code, while you  don't have FSX installed, and I "programmed" the event in FS9 ICAO codes (ETSM instead of EDJA, in this case). Can't really explain that  ???
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 12:13:59 pm »
Hallo Eric-Jean !

Thanks for your advice ! I tried, but without success  :'(
I made the flight, FL4 recorded via ACARS, but I was not able to send a PIREP
Sending you the datas,   can you doe something, that I could fly the next leg  this evening ? Otherwise I would have a time out, when coming back from my holiday .......

Dep.: EDDF  09:49 GMT      Arr.:  ETSM 10:38 GMT    Dist.: 139 ml
Airborn  00:42      block:  00:49    speed averr: 221,65        Fuel used    490 lbs
ProPilot:   excellent  =  39,83 

Thanks and cheers Franz

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 12:44:21 pm »
Ai! That is not funny.
The thing is ... PP events only accept PIREPs from FL. This means you have to re-fly the leg with FL recording it...

What I did just now, is change your assignment to EDJA instead of ETSM. This should not work, since you are flying FS9, but since FL keeps asking for EDJA, I thought I'd give that to her. Could you try again and see if that works? If you fire up FS and FL, load a new PP flight, and the top line is green, then you're good to go (you can use up to 4x time acceleration and autopilot to speed things up for you...)

I sure hope this helps, because otherwise I don't know what else I can do right now.  :o
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 01:17:13 pm »
Hi !  Thanks Eric-Jan for your help !

But I´m sad to say, that  the flight EDDF - EDJA  is still in magenta  .......   ??? >:(

So I think, I`m at the end of the trail  .......

Maby at the next event !

Cheers Franz

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 01:45:40 pm »
Bummer!

Especially since I now don't know how to fix this for you...  :(

Andrei, are you reading along???
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 06:02:29 am »
Franz,

Do you have any add-on scenery installed for EDJA / ETSM? ...
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 07:56:48 am »
Hi E-J, same problem for me. Only FS9.1 and magenta for EDDF-EDJA. Just do your sugestion: "What you could do to force FL to re-read the FS9.cfg file, and build the subsequent ICAO code database is to remove the FS9.* folder(s) underthe Flighlogger directory (default ibside My Documents) and re-start FS9, then FL, and let FL discover your "new installation" of FS9. That's a time consuming process, but it beats a re-install of FL, because it is part of any re-install.", but not works on my laptop I'll try with my PC later. :-\

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 08:12:34 am »
And with my old laptop... (FS9.1) same magenta problem ??? I'll try tonight with my PC, but who knows... :-[

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 10:44:28 am »
I honestly don't understand what is going wrong here. The Event legs were made for FS9, and it are the FS9 pilots that are having troubles, displaying the FSX ICAO code even though FS9 does not have that ICAO code in it's system... I would have expected the problem to be exactly 180 degrees opposite, as was the case with me (and I now the solution for that one).
{EDIT} Other pilots are geting through OK. I see Peter, as an FSX pilot, in ETSM (...), and others that are already past ETSM/EDJA without reporting any problem. Meanwhile the grop of pilots I expected would fly the entire tour without a hickup (FS9-only pilots) are experiencing this effect. Strange ... ???
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 12:07:09 pm by EHM-2387 Eric-Jan »
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 12:05:35 pm »
And with my PC...(FS9.1) same magenta EDDF-EDJA :'(

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 12:13:48 pm »
All I can think of right now is re-install FL, even though I cannot explain why that would make things work.

It is impossible for me to manually add a leg to your PP event PIREPs,
I can change your assignment to read EDJA instead of ETSM, but that did not work for Franz either (I will do so anyway when I get home - cannot modify the database from work due to security restrictions)

For you too the question: do you have any add-on scenery installed for Germany, or even just EDJA? If so, try removing that.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 12:19:26 pm »
Waiting for the new assignment and don't have any add-on scenery from Germany and neither from EDJA, just ETSM FS9.1 scenery default. Thannks E-J. :)

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 03:42:41 pm »
OK, I'll be home in about 1 hour (18:00 loocal; 1600Z). I'll make the change as soon as I can, so count on 1630Z it will be done.
I hope it DOES work for you, where it did not work for Franz...
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2017, 04:55:14 pm »
@ David: I did not change your assignment, bu tI think I disabled looking at the "FS version - ICAO code translation table" for FS9 ETSM. If I did whet I think I did, you should now see a green line EDDF-ETSM

@ Franz: I reset your assignment to ETSM again, so I'm hoping for the same effect in your case... (hope you're not gone on holiday just yet)
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

Offline EHM-2589 David

• Martian transfer
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2017, 07:22:34 pm »
Yes, right now is green :D Thanks a lot Eric-Jan ;)

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2017, 07:35:37 pm »
Great!  ;D

@Franz: You should be fine now too, then.

Since it was my "fault" - or at least not any of the participants of the event - I have decided to move the end date for all remaining legs to the end date of the last leg, so that anyone still underway between EDDF and EDDT still has a chance to finish the Event (despite their holidays... ;))
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 03:12:49 pm »
Glad I took the time to check all ICAO codes of the Breitling Event; they are all the same in all sims, now (advantage of selecting larger airports, I only had to re-select three).
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud

anything