Author Topic: A lesson in cleanliness  (Read 2018 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
A lesson in cleanliness
« on: March 23, 2021, 02:36:10 pm »
After several months of problems with my computer, mostly 10min holds for what i thought was software issues, doing a search on the Internet to try and sort it out , came across an article on  overheating, so took on a challenge to open my computer as it was well out of guarantee , well what i got was a white interior, both side panels were White, the mother board etc also the heatsink had loads of fluff some brown bits that looked scorched.

So out came the anti static band an assortment of brushes, a can of compressed air, a face mask, and a small vacuum. after  awhile l started to make headway into the mess, several stops to use the house vacuum to clear the desk, a couple of hours of this had most of the fluff of the fans and heatsink and motherboard and other,bits, so after a beer to clear my mouth l continued......

Finished all the nooks and crannies, put the sides back on, kept my fingers crossed switched on all was ok , so loaded FSX10  did a flight no lockup after 5 hrs, and a cool computer and a happy bunny, so the moral is keep all your bits clean ...     best regards Bruce  EHM2131

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
Re: A lesson in cleanliness
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 10:13:15 pm »

There must be a few of us guilty of that. I am glad to see your up and running and problems are hopefully over Bruce.
          Guess what I will be doing tomorrow. ;D

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 07:49:53 am »

Guess what I will be doing tomorrow. ;D

Having a beer also?  :P ::)
 :-X
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-1829 Trevor

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 09:20:02 am »

Ah! Never thought of that, cheers Eric.  ;D ;D

I've been using DISCORD for the Flybywire A320 project and have noticed 5 other EHM pilots
           on the "Fly-Euroharmony (2758)" channel which was initiated by Peter.