Author Topic: IVAO altitude  (Read 1936 times)

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
IVAO altitude
« on: November 07, 2021, 05:04:26 pm »
Hello all, just wondering if any pilot is using  IVAO altitude software, if so what is your opinion of it, ie is it easy to install and use, for a non techie person, have looked at the manual and looks a bit complicated to set up and use,  any input would be welcome, Best regards Bruce EHM 2131 

Offline EHM-2387 Eric-Jan

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
    • My pictures
Re: IVAO altitude
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 06:16:22 am »
I use Altitude with MSFS2020. I must say the it looks daunting at first, but it is actually very clever. Especially the feature that you can auto-generate text messages for your flight is a plus in my opinion. I use that a lot to state my situation and intentions.
What I HATE about it is the chat function. You can only chat with one person at a time. Where iVaP let you .chat with a group of people at the same time, with Altitude you need to repeat your message to all in the groep individually. And then you get all individual replies, to which you the reply individually again. That just does not work during a group flight. And as the Mumble server has some issues these days, group voice comm is also not a viable option at the moment.
I sure wish that the group chat functionality could be re-introduced to Altitude.
EHM-2387 Eric-Jan Oud
VA Management: Operations Officer

Offline EHM-2758 Peter

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 02:52:51 pm »
Totally agree with Eric-Jan's comment. Have same experiece and issues. This though might help you, Bruce, to get started:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/msfs-2020-ivao-installation-setup-tutorial-altitude-client/269079

Notice that the installation of the MTL will take some time.

Good luck,

Peter

Offline EHM-2131 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 09:29:52 pm »
Hello E-j and Peter, thanks for your input , I may down load it just to try, some sections sound good , but the chat seems a pain, thought they would have kept the ivap chat function , will look at the link Peter,  thanks again for your input , best regards Bruce EHM 2131