Author Topic: 1st flight  (Read 3018 times)

EHM-1617 Iain

1st flight
« on: April 24, 2005, 04:50:15 pm »
Just completed my 1st online flight on IVAO. It was very small and not a EHM timetable flight so I cant get my online blue award (but I used the EHM callsign). I just did about 6 touch and goes around manchester EGCC. App was online and very helpful.

I used text comms cos it was my 1st flight. I have a microphone but it is not a headset one. Can I get away with my desktop one (oh and thanks for the java tip in the other thread works fine now)?

A happy...

EHM-1365 Benjamin

1st flight
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 05:15:04 pm »
Hi Iain,

Good to hear the menu works.

As for the microphone, it doesn't matter what type it is as long as everyone can understand what your saying ;). If you use the TeamSpeak local test mode (Settings>Sound Input Settings) you can hear how you sound, and you can hear how much background sound from engines or the like you are getting.

Hope to see you online

EHM-1343 Jonathan

1st flight
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 07:44:54 pm »
Yeah, your first flight is allways great fun, especially with great ATC(Cheers Ben)

Also, voice adds another level of realism again, great fun, hope to see you in the skies lol!

EHM-1617 Iain

1st flight
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 07:47:12 am »
Thanks - it seems to be working fine now - not too much background noise.

Thanks again

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
1st flight
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 11:32:03 am »
If there is one thing I would say (as an IVAO ATC primarily) to every pilot thinking of going "voice", it is this:

Please, please, please, get yourself a headset!

Thank you ;D
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1365 Benjamin

1st flight
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 03:32:56 pm »
Personally I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between a headset or another kind of microphone...obviously providing they are set up correctly

You must have a keen ear Murray ;)

anything