Author Topic: plane steering to the left during taxi when online  (Read 7070 times)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

plane steering to the left during taxi when online
« on: May 07, 2005, 07:55:23 pm »
I have the following problem when flying online and I hope I'm not the only one.

When taxing the plane is almost uncontrolable and steerng sharply to the left when Taxing on IVAO. I have to apply ful right steering just to go straight a lot of times. You can imaging how difficult it is to make a right turn. Anyone else has this problem?

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 08:26:49 pm »
Sounds like you have been trying to type in IvAp and hit the 'e' key without it actually typing (if you know what I mean;) ) - so the throttles have come out of sync and in this case you are only using your left throttle. Check the throttle display to see.
Press and hold 'e' AND hold down the '1' & '2' keys.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:07:27 pm »
Yes, I used to get that. Ben was right for me, I had pressed e and a number and I was using 1 throttle only. Check your engine guages to find out if this is it.

Good luck

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 10:09:40 pm »
I also have it when flying the cessna. Last time I checked it had only 1 engine :s

Or does it count for this as well? For other planes I will try this as it sounds like a good explanation but as of the cesna I'm a little in doubt.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:34:26 pm »
Have you checked your (joystick twist/rudder pedal) calibration? That could make it veer off. Does it happen in offline flying as well?

EHM-1365 Benjamin

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 10:39:04 pm »
hmmm, strange with a Cessna. Dont know what that could be except as Iain says the calibration. Strong crosswind? Differential brakes (some people use F11/F12 as TS transmit key and wonder why they turn :P )

Good luck!

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 01:25:17 pm »
Maybe your left brake is set on? that can cause the plane to veer to the left
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 03:10:34 pm »
i had this sort of problem in a cessna, what i had inunvertantly done was to adjust the rudder ect to one side!!!

this meant that the plane would just randomly move!!

prehaps it could be this?

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 04:29:01 pm »
I only have this when flying online. While offline there is n problem at all. Must be something in IVAP making a mess of my joystick. I posted it on the IVAP forums and fortunatly I'm not the only one having this issue. Still have no solution after trying all your suggestions. IF you have more please let me know :-)

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 01:49:07 pm »
Try calibrating your joystick while online :P ;D

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 05:38:11 pm »
Ok there is a suggestion I did not try yet. Calibrate when online. I will try next time and let you know what happened.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 06:22:59 pm »
what happens in spot plane view. does the rudder swing to the left or is the plane just moving to the left without the rudder doing anything?

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 06:42:43 pm »
the plane is moving to the left without the rudder doing anything. as soon as I get airborne the problem is gone and it is only when online on IVAO

EHM-1639 Richard

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 10:56:06 pm »
I think this is a fdlight sim problem Cyriel. I used to get it all the time (I'm guessing you use FS2002). I'm on FS2004 and it doesn't happen anymore. It is really annoying, but I have a question. Do you taxi to a runway or just jump straight to an active runway?

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 07:39:23 am »
I'll answer for him (if he doesn't mind). On IVAO, you have to start with engines shut down at the gate, so he will be taxiing to the runway.

Iain

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 09:00:27 am »
See Ian's anwser whic is correct.
I'm using FS2004. Some more detail. During takeoff it will veer to the left as well when starting the takeoff run. As soon as I pick enought speed (around 80kts) the problem starts to dissappear. Also with a singe engined plane so it is not a engine spool up problem!

Also see http://forum.ivao.org/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15011. More people have this problem.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2005, 01:34:12 pm »
Could it be the torque effect setting? the spinning of the piston could cause the plane to have a bias towards one side

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2005, 06:50:58 pm »
that shouldn't really have an effect at low engine power

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2005, 02:14:02 am »
And it wouldn't happen on a jet (have tried with a jet ?)

According to what you say, it might be the nosewheel that is screwed :/

I had that problem yesterday during short final approach, online, with the ATR72.... but it was my fault. That silly "e" pressing by error and I almost crashed ! The ATR went 30 degrees left of the runway heading, got almost upside down before I could identify the problem...

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2005, 10:01:58 am »
Problems is also on Jet's as mentioned before. I disabled the weather in IVAP this does not help. Disconnected the joystick before pc start and reconnected after FS start. Calibrated, no difference. Next test is to run IVAP in multi pc set up.

EHM-1617 Iain

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 11:15:23 am »
Hmm, you have a really tough problem cyriel:%!

EHM-1627 Chris

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2005, 11:26:41 am »
this problem is really strange!!!

and it can't be because the engines are not being moved together because the cessna is a single engine plane...this is strange...sorry my friend i have no other ideas of what it could be!!

EHM-1539 Pierre

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2005, 02:40:37 pm »
Coding problem of IvAP probably, hopefully they'll fix it soon...

EHM-1392 Justin

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 11:28:15 am »
Hi, i had this problem too some time ago with Squawkbox 2.3. The answer i was given is that it is a problem within Fsuipc. Check the options about the windspeed if you have registered your version. If you don´t, i´ve no idea how to get rid of it.

See ya ,

EHM1392 (Above denmark on my EHAM-Goteborg flight :))

EHM-1281 Cyriel

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2005, 08:41:56 pm »
Today I switched back to mulyi pc mode. Network interface on one. User and FS on the other. All working fine. It definetly has something to do with the network interface. I also posted it at IVAO let's see what they come up with.