Author Topic: New to Virtual Airlines  (Read 2358 times)

Anonymous

New to Virtual Airlines
« on: June 10, 2005, 05:58:35 am »
Hello,
Just a few questions about virtual airlines.
1.  I love my PMDG NG 737-600/700 aircraft.  Can I fly this aircraft or must I fly only your aircraft?
2.  Must I use VATSIM?
3.  How does vitural airlines work?  Do I have to log on to your server to fly?  
4.  If yes, can I fly at any hour that I wish?  On long flights
is it acceptable to use the accelerated speed options?
5.  How are flight plans generated for FS2004?  

Thanks,
Stanner
wrpcpa@aol.com

EHM-1343 Jonathan

New to Virtual Airlines
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 08:06:29 am »
We do have a livery for PMDG that is for the 800 variant but you cannot fly it untill you have CC rank. It is optional to fly on VATSIM but most of our events tend to be on IVAO. If you read the PILOTS mannual, you'll be able to see how to build flight hours, and the ranking structure.

ON long flights you can use accelerated i think but i'm not entirely sure.

In FS2004, the flight plan is generated by going to flight planner and inserting dep. and arr. ICAOS.
 Then Selct IFR and direct GPS, If you are flying online on VATSIM/IVAO, you may need to follow a route so drag the Magenta line over certain waypoints in you flight plan.

Hope that helped and more importantly made a bit of sense :P;)

EHM-1281 Cyriel

New to Virtual Airlines
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 08:37:53 am »
Answers to most of your questions can be found in the operations manual. You can download it here: http://www.euroharmony.com/site/sugdownload.htm But in short

1) Yes as soon as your class allows you to fly a 737. We do have a repaint for the PMDG even.
2) No. You can fly offline or online at either IVAO or VATSIM
3)No, you only report the flight when you are finished via a PIREP. We also have a flighlogger available which will report it for you. You can also find this in the suggested download section.
4)yes. It is also acceptable to use acceleration in some cases. Read the operations manual for details.
5) Read the FS2004 manual. You can build them yourself or use 3rd party programs like FSnavigator. On the internet various sites are available that can generate flightplans for you.
5)

anything