Author Topic: July Monthly Fly-In  (Read 5934 times)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
July Monthly Fly-In
« on: July 20, 2005, 02:57:01 pm »
July Fly-in Discussion Space

In commemoration of the end of the 2005 Tour de France, which Lance Armstrong *is* going to win for a record 7th consecutive time, on the 29th of July we will be departing from Paris-Charles de Gaulle [LFPG] for Rome-Fiumicino [LIRF] - Italy is the home to some great pro cycling teams; Lampre, Domina Vacanze, Fassa Bortolo, Liquigas Bianchi and goodness knows who else.

For much more detail, see the online flying page.

This'll be an IVAO event to make things easy for everyone, and start time is likely to be a little "fluid" as such things always are; I was thinking 1800Z (1900 UK, 2000 CET) would be suitable for most EHM pilots.

Regards,

Murray Crane

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 05:18:54 pm »
Just been bledging the interweb during lunch and came across The European AIS Website List, for those of you that want the most up to date information you can get. Both France and Italy have free AIS (Aeronautical Information Summary) websites (but the Italian one requires registration).

And for those of you that know and love the UK AIS website and it's none too clear navigation, just try finding your way around the Italian one... :%
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1617 Iain

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 07:46:09 pm »
Bruno, why did you sign off as Murray Crane? Or was it Murray who wrote it and somehow signed in as Bruno?

Anyway I should be there.

EHM-1627 Chris

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 07:54:45 pm »
i would love to fly...but i'm going on holliday...although i will be flying....i'm only gonna be able to fly offline on a laptop!!!

unless someone in a close vacimity has left their wireless router unlocked...in which case i'll have internet access :@.

sorry people

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 10:45:07 pm »
Iain,

Read the U2U I've sent you... :)

Chris,

Not to worry, it's looking iffy for me to be there (unless BT really pulls their finger out and gets the ADSL enabled at my new house ahead of time), and Cyriel is on holiday himself... this time of year is not that good for organising Interweb things... :s
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1077 Emanuele

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 11:14:55 am »
I hope I'll be able to partecipate, but it's tricky...

By the way, Rome airport is Roma "FiumiCIno" and not,
as stated on the fly-in page, Roma FiumiCHIno.

Ciao ciao!

Manu

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 11:22:38 am »
Manu,

Grazie.  Tutti ora hanno riparato.

(I love Google Language Tools...)

Not that anyone noticed, but I had spelt Gaulle wrong in all the pre-release versions of the page(s) for this event. I corrected the error before it went live, so it's only fair that I get Fiumicino wrong as well...

;D
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1343 Jonathan

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 03:12:32 pm »
won't get there:[

GOing on holiday tommorow and don't get back till the 30th, hope it goes well....bye bye

EHM-1617 Iain

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 08:00:22 pm »
Damnit, damnit, same with me. Just found out we are also going on holiday Friday morning to sunny Wales! :8

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 02:00:27 pm »
And my new house isn't going to have any telecom service much before 17/08! Previous tennant has royally screwed us by not telling Telewest she was leaving, so BT can't take the line back before then!

Some event this is turning into... If at all possible, I'll monitor the event, but it's looking highly unlikely at this stage...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1655 Scott

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 08:44:02 pm »
Have it on VATSIM and im in lol

EHM-1500 Jim

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2005, 11:30:50 pm »
Real sorry guys but i will be in Barcelona that weekend on a stag do!!! Happy flying

EHM-1343 Jonathan

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 05:39:10 pm »
good news.....i get back from holiday on the 29th at about 19:00 English summer time so i should make the fly in. Might be a bit late but its the taking part that counts ;D

See you then

Razza(enjoying holidays in the english lake district;)

EHM-1617 Iain

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 08:30:41 pm »
Well for me its the other way around. I am going to Wales tomorrow so no chance for me :'(

EHM-1281 Cyriel

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 04:40:59 pm »
I just might be able to make it. Not completly sure yet however

EHM-1343 Jonathan

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 11:45:54 am »
It was great fun....but a low turn out:[

then got even lower when my FS crashed:$

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 10:05:30 am »
Thanks to the five pilots that took part in this event and stopped it being a total washout (as I fully expected...): Bruno, Cyriel, Gergely, Jonathan, and Willem.

I got to "see" the start of the event (I think it was Gergely in the air and Bruno and Cyriel boarding, will have to check the screenies I hope I managed to get) and pretty much the end of the event (Jonathan had reached Roma airspace, with the rest of you on the ground) in IvAe, and as indicated I think I have screenies of both ends (need to check, my laptop isn't the fastest and FS-Screen gave me no indications that it grabbed), but given how little of the event I got to see, I am hoping one if not all of you have pictures and/or text from the event that you are willing to share. Send them to my "AT euroharmony" email address and I'll add them to an event round-up page.

EDIT: Apologies to Willem for leaving him off the list of participants. Fixed.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 10:17:00 am »
Hi,

Unfortunately we didn't got so many pilots due to holidays vacations. This time of the year is very "bad" to make group events.

We can  actually notice on IVAO, for instance, that the number of pilots flying online is half from the normal "Winter" season.

Also, I didn't finish my flight. I got very bored with this, because it was my 4th try to finish it (since March that I dont finish a Fly In event). The next one I will try again.

Well, let's hope for the August Fly In and see if we have more pilots flying.

Regards,

EHM-1343 Jonathan

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005, 10:44:01 am »
Also there was another ehm pilot...if i remember it was willem de graff but i'll have to check it out....he started a long way behind us but probably made t further than me:]

EHM-1281 Cyriel

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005, 12:33:50 pm »
Indeed Willem made it to the end as well. I already got the pictures from Gergely. I will send them to Murray togheter with my own.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2005, 04:57:58 pm »
I have one picture! .. Will send to Murray too ..

EHM-1464 Andrew

July Monthly Fly-In
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2005, 02:28:24 pm »
this time of year is always poor for online flying...

couldnt make this event.. but i will try for the next one.. havent flown online with the new ivap yet!