Author Topic: Euroharmony callsign  (Read 2788 times)

Offline EHM-0502 Desmond

• FL100
Euroharmony callsign
« on: September 11, 2005, 09:14:02 pm »
What callsign do we use when online - Euroharmony or Harmony? According the files that come with Servinfo and IVAC, we should be using Euroharmony on IVAO.  According to the file that came with IvAe the call sign is Harmony.

The ATC people expect Euroharmony.

Somewhere on our website I saw that we are supposed to use Harmony.

If we are to use Harmony we need the get the IVAO software data files changed.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Euroharmony callsign
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 10:16:39 pm »
Des,

Funnily enough, the "official" word as it came down from Gergely in the original OFM (which I tweaked for IVAP) was that it's up to you...

On IVAO, or more specifically in IVAC, the IVAO controller software, EHM is shown as "callsign EuroHarmony", hence ATC using the full VA name.

Personally, I've always used "harmony six five four" for my own callsign, since it's that little bit easier to say.

;D
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1617 Iain

Euroharmony callsign
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 07:17:40 am »
If I had voice, I would use Harmony, it annoys me when I control and it says Euroharmony, because that is too long for me.

EHM-1281 Cyriel

Euroharmony callsign
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 07:57:15 am »
On initial contact with any ATC I use Euroharmony. this to avoid any confusion with the controller and the callsign on his screen. When engaged in converstion with the atc a little bit longer I usually switch to Harmony as it is shorter.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Euroharmony callsign
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 08:16:02 am »
I say what ever the controler says, sometimes he addreses me with "euroharmony" other times with "harmony"

And once Echo Hotel Mike:o

anything