Author Topic: Landing light penalties  (Read 7152 times)

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
Landing light penalties
« on: October 29, 2005, 10:58:22 pm »
I use the pss a333 and the landing lights doesn't turn on before you lower the landing gear wich means I will have an penalty every rime I use this aircraft.

Anyone know how to solve this issue?
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Landing light penalties
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:09:35 pm »
Well I have the PSS A330 too and I haven't found a cure. I have now reverted to using the Opensky freeware fleet model. It's a shame that I have had to retire my PSS fleet as I quite liked them once I'd figured them out!

Phil Nutt
EHM1703
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
Landing light penalties
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 11:31:50 pm »
In real life they don't turn on the landing lights before they lower the gears.
Hope it's possible to find a solution too the problem. maybe link the landinglight penalty too the loweing of the landing gear.
I'm not into programming so I don't know how much work this is so I better shut up about this;D

Anyhow I can't get the ehm version working just get an error on the a330.gau file and my fs freezes.

I'll just have to take the penalties if want to fly the A333
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

EHM-1353 Mikkel

Landing light penalties
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 08:25:56 am »
Hey

I thing its strange you have to turn on you landing light at FL100.

It would be better if the program gave you penalty if it was not light on final, or when the landing gear was down, like you say.

I also like a list with the penalty'es that the logger use, so you know what the rules are, before you get behind the stick and fly.
What do the logger expect!

Mikkel

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Landing light penalties
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 09:45:30 pm »
Well from the PSS support forum this was the answer on the landing light issue:

It is unrealistic for landing lights to be ON on takeoff up to FL100. They are usually turned off in the after takeoff checks. On landing they go on usually below FL120 on some airlines or FL100 on others. I think you need to get your VA software adjusted. The landing lights are hard-coded into the panel so there is no adjustment that can be made.

In reference to the AutoPilot Problem that some of us experienced climbing above 4500fpm:

This comes down to pilot error I'm afraid: if you are holding V2+10 accurately on takeoff you should not experence the sharp pitch up which is caused by the computers trying to get the speed back to V2+10 after you have shot through it. Try staying on V2+10 - perhaps set your pitch trim to -2.0UP which helps with this - or remain on manual flying until after the acceleration altitude which should also help.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Landing light penalties
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 11:03:32 pm »
Hi,

I gave some thought about it and maybe we can think on that solution of verifying if the pilot have the landing lights when the gear is down. The only problem here is that you can lower your gear by mistake and then you get that penalty :D ...

So, we will think about it but we cannot take a penalty because of one airplane that has something "strange" :)..

On airplanes you cannot have those automatic procedures because you never know what will be next. Imagine that you still need to have the landing lights for a period more. You can't, because that process on the PSS is automatic. Doesn't make sense because that command is not on pilot's control, but on a indirect action that the pilots make (gear up).

Regards,

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Landing light penalties
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 11:12:25 pm »
I Agree Bruno, I find the PSS system a little strange, why does it automatically turn off the lights? Does the real Airbus do this? That's the only reason I would think that they have programmed this! I know a lot of aircraft have Mag Release switches but I am sure that Landing Lights switch is not one of these.

I am currently looking in to a replacement for my Airbus fleet but I want something a little more realistic than the freeware panels available. (something with an FMC and procedures.... If only PMDG made an Airbus hehehe) I am currently downloading the new Abacus Airbus Fleet I will let you know what they are like when I have had a chance to test them.

In the meantime, it's back to the IFDG with Ken Mitchels Panel. I must admit, I love the IFDG Aircraft, if only we coud get a fully functional panel for it.

I'll keep you posted on my finds.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1617 Iain

Landing light penalties
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 07:38:09 am »
What about Eric Marciano's panel? That is more realistic... it even has a stab at an FMC. And speed can be set to managed mode and it has autoland.

Only problem is... I cant install it!

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Landing light penalties
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 04:19:08 pm »
I also have FS problems with Mr. Marciano's panel when I run it.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1821 Javier

Landing light penalties
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 08:55:40 am »
a few days ago,i also got a penalty for landing lights.i was on approach to an airport which i forgot where after a 1hr or so flight,when i prepared to turn in for the final,my plane's lights blacked out.i turned it on again but it didnt work and i had to land without landing lights.At Night!(luckily there were lights on the runway)however, once i landed and turned onto the taxiway, the landing+taxing lights came back on but the panel and the others did not. does anyone know y this happened?

EHM-1670 Bill

Landing light penalties
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 12:48:42 pm »
All I can suggest is that you make sure that hardware rendered lights in Settings is set to the maximum (which I believe is 8).

EHM-1821 Javier

Landing light penalties
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 01:47:06 pm »
can anyone help me with another porblem?it is in today's posts and i think it is called "crashed or not"

EHM-1821 Javier

Landing light penalties
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 01:48:02 pm »
sry.it is called "plane crashed?"