Author Topic: Beacon lights  (Read 5155 times)

EHM-1612 Paolo

Beacon lights
« on: December 01, 2005, 02:00:20 pm »
Hi all,
I want to know how I can turn on the lights before starting engine; How can I decide to start a flight with engine off?? I have FS2004.
Thanks
Paolo Mazzoleni EHM-1612

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Beacon lights
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 02:49:47 pm »
Paolo,

Fire up FS2004 (just on it's own, don't start the Flight Logger) and 'Create a Flight' at any field and using any aircraft (Cessna 182 is good for this).

When you get to the cockpit, ensure flaps are totally up, turn off all the lights and shut down the engines ('Ctrl+Shift+F1'), turn off the avionics, alternators and finally battery.

Save the flight exactly as you have it now (';'), and make this new flight the default. That's the preparation done.

Quit this flight and create a new one (a PP flight for instance, using the Flight Logger).

When you get to the cockpit for this new flight, your engines will already be off, as will all the lights, and you will have what is known in the trade as a "cold and dark" cockpit.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1500 Jim

Beacon lights
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 04:22:11 pm »
Also, if you search the AVSIM file library under "cold and dark" there is a small file you can download which is easy to install and then means every flight you start with what ever plane will be with the engines and electrice off - has worked great for me over past 2 years....Jim

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Beacon lights
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 04:40:40 pm »
Originally posted by drhoyle
Also, if you search the AVSIM file library under "cold and dark" there is a small file you can download which is easy to install and then means every flight you start with what ever plane will be with the engines and electrice off - has worked great for me over past 2 years....Jim

Jim,

If the file you mention is doing what I think it is, it basically does everything I said above for you. :)

It's one of the first things I do after a re-install, set the default flight to 'CnD'...
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1500 Jim

Beacon lights
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
Murray, i'm sure your right - i'm a bit lazy and just found the AVSIM file easier!! LOL

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
Beacon lights
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 07:20:41 pm »
I maybe wrong, but the latest FlightLogger will automatically shutdown the power when you start the flight. So you must startup the engines, and that will be recognized by flightlogger.

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold