Author Topic: Plane faults?  (Read 5945 times)

EHM-1199 Philip

Plane faults?
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:13:56 pm »
Just had my first PP flight and thoroughly enjoyed the whole process. It really helped me fine tune what I was doing and focus on getting it right.
One question - does Pro Pilot create aeroplane faults at random or is that not one of its features?

Offline EHM-1417 Tamas

• Contact departure
    • www.fsklub.hu
Plane faults?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:43:40 pm »
Buy, install and using FS Passengers.
www.fspassengers.com
(Included random faulire generator)
or, using Alert.
http://www.flytechsoft.com/
Tamas Biro
World tour current position: Legs 041 of 150:    SPPY (Chachapoyas, Peru)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
Plane faults?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 02:08:25 am »
Hi,

The failures are not yet implemented, but we already have it scheduled.

Regards,

EHM-1199 Philip

Plane faults?
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:19:06 pm »
It's a tricky one Bruno. Initially I think maybe it would be a cool feature but I would certainly want the ability to switch it off. Also, the idea of trying to maintain a decent score on Pro Pilot is part of the pull ... it would seem a tad unfair if that changed as a result of the plane dropping from the sky.

Really most of the time, finding the time to fly is at the end of a long day's work and you want a pleasant experience. At times I may opt to check the 'surprise me with a failure' box but I think I'd want control over that. What do others think?

EHM-1554 Chris

Plane faults?
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 04:41:34 pm »
Yes its a nice feature, to have the failures bu i also would like to be able 2 switch it on or off

I always fly online now so i dnt always want to be climbing out and an engine failure occurs then have to say Harmony 1554 needs imediate return lol, its ok a few times but i know what phill means

Chris

EHM-1798 Conrad

Plane faults?
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 03:45:50 pm »
well by switching it off, therefore takes the realism out of it! You couldnt just switch off an emergency in the real world! Im all for it.

EHM-1612 Paolo

Plane faults?
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 05:52:27 pm »
Hi pilots,
I have tought a lot about "surprise" flights. I would really love to complete a PP flight with a failure on board, something like a flap out of order, the landing gear locked ( nothing on the engines.....) even if I know that a crash means 1000 extra points... I think that when a pilot finishes a "surprise" flight he can be awarded by the management, like in real life. When a pilot in real world lands with some problems he is always awarded with money or holidays because he saved the reputation of the company, the aircraft and maybe a lot of people....:| If a normal pilot in EHM wants to get a good FAC and he note a failure on board he wants to disconnect the flight logger and restart the flight. I think that this is very far from the original PP "realism" so why not give awards to pilots??? Answer me becasuse I have a lot of questions about this problem....
Paolo Mazzoleni EHM-1612
P.S. Sorry for the english I tried to do my best...:>:>

EHM-1612 Paolo

Plane faults?
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 05:54:23 pm »
Under the "normal pilot that wants to get a good FAC" definition there is my name too.....:>

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
Plane faults?
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:54:28 am »
I would also like to be seeing failures incorporated inside Pro-Pilot. Infact I would like to be in the dev team that would be working on the features of Pro-Pilot/Flight Logger. Any chances for me :)
Vincent,
Bangalore

anything