Author Topic: My first ProPilot flight !  (Read 5545 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
My first ProPilot flight !
« on: April 16, 2006, 03:02:44 am »
Hi guys!

Well, I've finally dipped my toe into the world of ProPilot... AND I LIKE IT!!!

I haven't tried before because my Internet connection has a habit of failing randomly but I figured I should give it a go... I flew a simple, short flight from Heathrow to East Midlands in my PMDG B1900D which I know well (so I wouldn't be trying to learn too many new things at once) ;D

My Internet connection failed at one point and I thought it was all over, but as soon as the connection came back (less than a minute later...) so did my flight - as if nothing had happened, so my fears were groundless after all ;)

It was great, knowing I had to watch what I was doing in case I got penalties and it certainly made me think through each stage of flight properly...

Now that I've tried it, I'm hooked and I'll be 'online' a lot more :P

As for anyone else who hasn't tried it yet, go ahead, it's easier than you think to use and a great deal of fun !!

One question for the veterans, I couldn't get it to work in full-screen mode (first few attempts it locked up my PC and FS9 crashed) so I flew the flight in windowed mode which I don't normally use... Is that by design or am I doing something wrong?
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 11:33:41 am »
Dom,
That's great news about your connection. I find I lose my signal to my wireless router every now and again and the flight logger always catches up. The only thing I would suggest is to check your connection as often as possible as on short flights, if there is not enough enroute data the flight won't be filed.

As for the full screen thing, I must admit, I always fly in a window, but I have just checked it onmy PC and it seems to work. I can use ALT+TAB to switch programs whilst in flight and bring up the Flogger. The only thing I can think of is somewhere you have a setting that reserves your system for programs running in full screen mode, maybe one of the Technical minded guys can clear it up. (Murray!!!! HELP! :) )
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1199 Philip

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 11:39:52 am »
Congratulations Dom - I agree, Propilot is a fantastic development and does enhance the experience.
Funny though, cos the two nights ago I also flew a quick Propilot flight to East Midlands from Heathrow and also flew the Beech1900. Because I wanted to be clear for the next leg of the event, I abandoned the plane there. There must be quite a collection of 1900s building up at East Midlands :)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 12:09:13 pm »
Couldn't tell you why full-screen mode doesn't work... I fly in windowed mode as well (otherwise I don't get the benefit of my 2 19" displays...)
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:21:21 pm »
hi dom,

i also have this problem.i am going to try windowed mode for my next flight.

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 01:49:30 am »
Good news !

It must have just been a random bug last night as FS9 worked fine in full screen mode today for my whole flight from East Mids to Manchester... I lost the Internet connection for a little longer but the Pirep still sent fine (using Flogger but not ProPilot just to test the connection...)

Now I can really start experimenting !!! And thanks for the support guys :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything