Author Topic: FIFA World Cup 2006  (Read 37231 times)

EHM-1821 Javier

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2006, 08:39:51 am »
I support Portugal:];) You know why;)

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
    • Some Flight Videos - and some fun performance
FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #101 on: July 05, 2006, 04:38:53 pm »
Originally posted by marchesedesade89

Come on Portugal, come on France we are going to destroy you too like we destroyed Germany. :@
I

I think destroy is not the right word, or maybe you watched a different match then the rest of the world!!
But maybe you just saw the game through the stupid and untruthful glasses of  "Sky Italy'".
Anyway they have cried like little kids and where so scared to play against Thorsten Frings that they invented such a stupid story, even the player of Argentina confirmed that Frings didn't hit him !!!
But no wonder that the FIFA Commission suspended him,..because the italian soccer association bought it like they cheated in their own league....SAD SAD SAD poor Italy...!!!!
And destroy is a word of war and has no connection with soccer!! Independently of Frings and the italian press I think we saw a excellent, fair full of power soccer game with a better lucky hand in the end for Italy...
Congratulation and good Luck in the final , but personly I will support France or Portugal ;)

best,

EHM-1821 Javier

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2006, 08:10:11 am »
Originally posted by 1821
I support Portugal:];) You know why;)

The curse still works;D;D;D

im not supporting anyone in the finals. i dont dare to...:]

EHM-0641 Rico

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2006, 05:23:57 am »
Javier, I hope that that curse only follows u @round as a soccer fan and not as a EHM pilot ;D

EHM-1821 Javier

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2006, 05:44:35 am »
I surely hope so!!;)

EHM-1612 Paolo

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2006, 04:28:44 am »
Why is here silence?? Nobody know the news??? ITALY IS THE WORLD CHAMPION :>:>
I am so sad about Zidane, Trezeguet that I can start laughting until 2010 ahahaha I think that German too aren't happy about our fourth title ahaha
Come on it is only a sport, not a war so, I can say that I really enjoyed this WC as Italian fan and as football fan.
Paolo Mazzoleni

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2006, 09:55:49 am »
Congratulations to Italy!

I hope the TV schedules go back to normal now... :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-1821 Javier

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2006, 11:19:47 am »
Just to tell you guys, i didnt cheer for anyone of the teams in the finals so its not my fault that France lost, ok?;):];D

Congrats to Italy, now 4 times WC champions...right?

EHM-1633 José

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2006, 11:43:18 am »
Zidane with his disgusting mistake butting the Italian guy, had the responsibility for leading his team to defeat, as they lost their morale. What an awful way to end his brilliant career!!:[

On the other hand, Italy deserved to lose; they didn´t even played well when defending. But in the end, is the result what counts above all, and Trezeguet will always remember that penalty.

Personally, I´m glad that France had lost. For two reasons; first, for me as spanish, I wanted some other team revenged us. Secondly; I think for french, is a lesson in respect to modesty and excess of pride, that had become in arrogancy. I think this sort of things cannot be laying at the sports stadiums.

EHM-1671 Ben

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2006, 10:48:12 am »
Ah, there has been news about that Zidane case. Apparently some not-very-appropriate words were exchanged between Zidane and an Italian player. Has anyone else heard about this? I won't go into details for fear of offending someone. Such a sad way to end his awesome career.

The French really did play well though, it was such a stalemate!! It went right through into extra time, with the world cup ending in shoot outs. I'm sure Trezeguet will always remember (maybe even feel guilty??) for not getting the shot. It was a close one though!

EHM-1633 José

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2006, 11:30:12 am »
From the very first moment I saw Zidane reaction, I supposed that the Italian player had told him something really hard. It´s logical then, a reaction like that. But I think as a professional player, Zidane must be cold-blooded and keep himself calm. Maybe afterwards he could have told that to the referee, so that he can take a decission about it.

It is not good to see physical agressions in a football match, as well as insults, etc...

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2006, 12:24:18 pm »
of topic:I guess I'm back, didn't figur I would be back before September. But the schedule isn't as packed as I had thought.
Well back to the topic. As I have said before I don't watch that much football. But I have to agree with José, physical agressions and insults don't belong in football or more less any sport. I mean boxing wouldn't be the same without physical agression. I think that some players sometimes forget that when they are playing, they are rolemodels for many kids all over the world. And by doing something like this they send a message that it's okay to insult others and it's okay comit physical agressions aginst others, especially if the refere don't see it.
Regarding the whole thing with Zidane and Materazzi. There are only two people that know what happen. So we can only guess, but I'm rather sure that Materazzi said something that he shouldn't have said. And a good guess is something insulting about Zidanes family. I know that Materazzi say that he didn't say anything like that, but the fact that he's not telling would he say. Lead me to believe that it very bad, and that the truth might hurt his images.
Regarding the Rooney affair, well theres nothing new about that. I mean this time it was Rooney. Last World Cup or European Cup time it was Backham that was sent off. I'm sure that there are still some english fans that can remember the name Kim Milton Nielsen, he was the danish ref that sent Backham off. I can remember that didn't go down to well with the english fans. But that's old history, the same ref did in fact one or two years later sent off a Manchester United player during a european club match, oh what was the name of the player, oh yes that's right, his name was Rooney.
I think it a bit sad that Portugal didn't make it to the final, but I guess guess there is still a chance that some of the players can get nominated for an Oscar. I some of the players might be able to win for best performance as an injuried player, that by the stroke of magic get's fit again. As soon as they figur out that the ref didn't buy it.
Lastly I guess I should say Congratulations to Italy! You beat the odds. Now the fun begins for all the other teams. I mean for the next four years Italy is the team that everyone wants to beat. And the pressure is on already, I mean Italy needs to prove themself at the European Cup, otherwise some may just think it was all luck.

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2006, 07:37:26 pm »
Well,

for first congratulation to Italy, although I am not sure they really deserved the prize.

I mean about the matches, and mainly the final, as they played it. They played like Brasil sometimes: there were no plans, there were not any spice in their play, and I thought they will lost in the end. But not... I hate penalties, it is not the way a match should be ended. The golden goal should be the right choice.

Although I feel sad about what Zidane did, I think the respect part should be mentioned on Materazzi and not on Zidane. I do not think that Materazzi will ever reach to a level where Zidane reached, and he will not be ever a so skilled player on the field. So he should respect Zidane first, and not telling him what he said, instead thinking on the game: FOOTBALL, and try to score the goals ! Football is about goals, and not about menthal wars. Materazzi should act like Cannavaro or Gattuzo on the playfield, and thinking about the goals. The same is true for the Portuguese. If they acted less and played more with the ball, they would reach higher !

I also feel said about Trezeguet. He did not have a real chance to show what he can. They had a fantastic shoot with Wiltord, just as they did on the last EuroChamps. I am sure if the coach let him play and let the team play with 3 strikers like, Henry, Trezeguet and Wiltord/Zidane they would tear apart the Italian defense within a minute. But this did not happen... They played the same style as the Italians, and unfortunately they could not score a goal. But at the end the camera showed Trezeguet for minutes, like the person who caused the tragedy: missed the penalty. But he was not THE reason, it was the reason of a bad tactics by the French coach...

I am not a big football fan, but I did not really like this Championship: many teams could not show their superior capabilities, because of the bad tactics, waving performances, and the mentioned things which should not appear at all on the field...

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2006, 08:17:21 am »
Poor little Materazzi...

...that is what I am talking about !

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-1821 Javier

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2006, 09:10:12 am »
I dont get it, why is he poor? is he the one who tackled all those other players?

EHM-1343 Jonathan

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2006, 11:43:23 am »
Robert is being sarcastic i beleive...

EHM-1612 Paolo

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2006, 12:52:33 pm »
Yes Javier, those are some of the most dangerous tackles of Marco Materazzi. He isn't a stupid person, the only problem is that he sometimes loses control...but I think that this is a problem that also zidane will have to control....

EHM-1633 José

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2006, 12:58:04 pm »
Well in the same way we could also say that Zidane lost his head!!;D

EHM-1821 Javier

FIFA World Cup 2006
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2006, 03:07:12 pm »
lol, seems like Materazzi is a pro at double-people tackling:)