Author Topic: Interesting link  (Read 3434 times)

EHM-1411 Steve

Interesting link
« on: May 15, 2004, 11:06:10 am »
Anyone who hasn't seen this may wish to check it out.
Gen E Logan International Airport

Shows live traffic, log onto this site at the same time Live ATC and select Boston Tower or Boston Approach.

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

Interesting link
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 01:46:51 pm »
Very nice...

http://www.zurich-airport.com/
Go to Your Visit > Webcam... there is an awfully nice webcam that you can control... Unfortunantly since the completion of the mid-field terminal, most of the traffic has moved there and it's very hard to spot... But there still are some planes around terminals A and B.

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

Interesting link
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 01:49:43 pm »
Oh, just remembered...

http://www.jfktower.com/liveatc.htm
JFK Tower, Approach and Departure, ORD Approach, SoCal Approach and two video streems from PHL

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Interesting link
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 02:19:34 pm »
I was listening to the Live ATC with a view of the map. And its really hetic. But its good.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Interesting link
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 09:12:43 pm »
Ive just been listening to the radio at Boston App/Dep. And there been a call for the paramedics on an airplane.:o
Very interesting.

EHM-1034 Kris

Interesting link
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 01:13:12 am »
Funny links, but listening to the ATC made me think. Why can the FS ATC speak at that speed? Coz, that would save me a lot of go-arrounds, IFR cancellation and all other kind of thing that you don't want to go through when you have approx. 2 drops of fuel in your tanks. (Yeah I had a little accident on my first trans-atlantic flight, don't worry it was a standard FS-plane, not one of us;D)

EHM-1388 Tiberiu

Interesting link
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 01:21:55 am »

Coz, that would save me a lot of go-arrounds, IFR cancellation and all other kind of thing

Oh, I had a quite surprising experience tonight... I was flying BGSF-EGLL in the A330... and there were 4 planes on approach at EGLL, 5 including me... we were no more then 4-5nm apart. And the nice ATC gave the first one clearance for 9R, I came almost simultaneously on 9L and vacated really quickly, and there were actually no go-arounds, the other 3 planes landed safely... very nice indeed. ;D
But if FS would have had wake turbulence implemented, there would have been problems, as all 5 planes were heavies.

anything