Author Topic: IVAO Flight Bookings (and the route)  (Read 3774 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
IVAO Flight Bookings (and the route)
« on: May 07, 2006, 10:23:03 am »
OK, things are still a *little* sketchy at this point (arrangements being finalised and so forth)  but I thought it best to get an initial "message" out there...

The May fly-in will coincide with the IVAO-GB EGLL Birthday event, so will be held on the evening of 2006-05-31. This was too good an opportunity to pass up; EGLL is our "biggest" hub.

Furthermore, (and this is the "work-in-progress" part) we are running this as a joint event with FlyUK VA. For some time now the management teams of both VAs have been trying to have a joint get together. The memberships of the two VAs get on well, and I'm sure we've all seen Lee from FlyUK on our forum. Further, given the number of FlyUK staff that are also on the IVAO-GB staff, I thought this IVAO-GB event was the perfect opportunity for us to run a simul-event, and Lee from FlyUK agreed with me.

From the EHM side, the flight we've chosen is EHM-5037  - LFML (Marseilles) to EGLL (London Heathrow). This class 5 flight shouldn't take much more than 1hr 45m (less if you go with one of the very fast Boeing birds) and as such is about the right "length" for a mid-week event. "Exact" departure time is still to be confirmed, but I'm thinking we'll want to be getting going by about 18:30Z - pilot numbers at Marseilles could well be high.

Those of you that are mad enough to want to PP this (and you'd need to be mad to PP during a divisional event) will be wanting to get your aircraft down to Marseilles in plenty of time.

Remember to book on the IVAO scheduler if you want the Divisional Event award....
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 12:46:00 pm »
Ok, I just created a flight for me to use and it will be EGLL -> EGCC (EHM-2000).
Then, I will also do the returning flight.

Also, due to this being an event, you can actually fly whatever EHM airplane you want (in this case I am going to fly the 737-800).

Regards,

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:17:47 pm »
Unfortunately I will be working this night, will try and get someone to swap with me. I'll keep you posted.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 03:33:04 pm »
SORRY!!

Completely forgot the fly-in ... hehehehehe ...

I was already with this flight on my mind, but when I readt Murray's post I didnt associate the fly-in with my flight ...

You can call me crazy Murray.

I changed it to our flight  LFML (Marseilles) to EGLL  ...

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 04:53:55 pm »
RouteFinder has provided the following route:

LFML SID MTL UM976 BRY UM733 KOPOR UT426 DIMAL UT420 ALESO STAR EGLL

And for the purposes for keeping a little control over the arrivals into Heathrow, we are maintaining a booking sheet for the LFML departures that can be transfered into the IVAO booking system (by me/you building the flight once you've booked it with EHM) See the Heathrow 60th Birthday thread for the actual list...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 07:09:47 pm »
I will be posting a Pilots page later on, made by the GB-ADIR, with info on procedures and flying the holds and so on, as we 'might' get pretty busy ;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 02:36:12 pm »
We (EHM/FlyUK) will also be producing both a chart pack and an information pack for this flight. For those of you with access to a big printer (A3 or larger), get ahead of the game and print yourselves a copy of the EGLL ground charts (AD 2-EGLL-2-1 thru AD 2-EGLL-2-4) from the UK AIS, along with the BIG approach charts.

And just to "confirm", going by the info on the IVAO-GB ATC Ops pages, you should expect a 27L landing and 3nm spacing.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 07:56:26 pm »
Online event page is up for this event. Still a little thin on downloadable content, but I'm expecting it to arrive from Luke at FlyUK any moment now.

For those that care, the page for this event marks a radical departure from previous event pages, in that I have finally gotten a big enough tuit to (mostly) make it XHTML1.0 Strict. Expect more pages in this style from this point on.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything