Author Topic: How does the thing work?  (Read 5964 times)

EHM-E4S

How does the thing work?
« on: May 14, 2006, 05:10:40 pm »
I've read the whole of the propilot manual, and I tried my own flight. This is what it was.

I locked Flight 1004. I was flying a sukhoi, and I did the schedule of leaving at 10:50, and arriving at 11:35. This is how my flight went, and I'll tell you what I don't get.

1) I locked the flight
2) I started Flight Logger, selected the flight, and then clicked "Fly"
3) I opened FS and entered everything in, the flight plan, the flight number etc.
4) I departed late at 11:00
5) I landed Early at 11:30
6) I went to the log bit of Flight Logger

The times weren't on the Pirep Logger had written down. I couldn't edit it either. I then entered a pirep on the menu itself. It said that I'd done the flight but not with ProPilot. This I don't understand.

This is all I couldn't understand. I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
How does the thing work?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 05:24:33 pm »
Did you press the ProPilot button on the flight logger?

EHM-E4S

How does the thing work?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 06:00:54 pm »
Don't worry. I worked it out. I turned off the bloody engine, and it ended the log. lol!

EHM-E4S

How does the thing work?
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 08:10:11 pm »
There's another problem. In the propilot front page, it says I'm still flying when I crashed, the game reloaded, and then I just exited it.

EHM-1671 Ben

How does the thing work?
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 08:21:28 pm »
I think when you crash, or if you just stop flying the flight in mid air in flight sim, the log will continue to 'recieve' information and project them onto the website. If you do exit the flight in flight sim, you need to exit Flight Logger in order for your flight to not be seen on the web page (if that makes any sense to you).

Hope that helps!! ;)

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
How does the thing work?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 09:11:48 pm »
Hi folks,

there is a better order. I always run FS first, and place the plane on the correct airport, apron/gate, and shut down everything on it.

Then I start the Logger, and carefully select the plane and flight, because in an older version I could reposition the plane in FS with a sudden bad click...it may exist now too, I do not know. So carefully select the airplane and flight, and then click on  ProPilot button, and your log will waiting for the engine start to start recording ;)

If you somehow missed it, or the logger recoded an engine shutdown, then click on the Start New Log. But this time do not forget to select the airplane and flight once again !

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

EHM-E4S

How does the thing work?
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 10:08:39 pm »
Thanks for your help!

I sorted out my problem by doing the flight allover again! Luckily, It was a short flight.

By the way, Roger, you made alot of sense. Alot more sense then the language air traffic control speaks lol.

EHM-1671 Ben

How does the thing work?
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 01:17:05 am »
Glad I could help!

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
How does the thing work?
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:01:37 am »
Good hints ... usually I too start my FS first and then Flight Logger. Make sure that my engines are off and am in the same parking bay that I select in my FS selection. Its good to learn tricks ... its helps you in case of emergency :] (Read crash :P)
Vincent,
Bangalore