Author Topic: EHM Flight Logger and ProPilot  (Read 5443 times)

EHM-1633 José

EHM Flight Logger and ProPilot
« on: July 15, 2006, 11:23:59 am »
Yesterday, I flew from EGLL to LEMD (a flight that I previously locked in ProPilot). Everything was OK, but when I finished and tried to send the PIREP; EHM website was down. As it was late I saved the PIREP and the ACARS in EHM Flight Logger and hoped that afterwards I would be able to send it.
My surprise comes when I tried to resend it. I searched for the ACARS and when I pressed Resend, I got the following error message: "There was an error reading the PIREP. Please confirm that you are reading the correct PIREP file. If the error persist, please contact the management at Euroharmony." I´ve checked out and the file is the correct one!

Could someone tell me what I have to do in order to send the PIREP properly? Is there any other way to send previously saved PIREPS?

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 11:31:55 am »
Sending Pireps at a later date is fine for normal flights, unfortunately as far as I am aware you can not do this with ProPilot flights.

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to rescue your ProPilot flight, Sorry about this.

(Bruno, any idea where the website went last night as I had a similar problem?)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 12:30:04 pm »
As I see it there are two issues here. You can't file a ProPilot at a later date, that one thing and on that I think you are right Phil. But it don't change the fact that no matter what you should be able to resend the PiRep. I don't think the system know if this was a ProPilot flight or not. I think it's a fact that the flightlogger has some bizar thing the last couple of weeks.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 12:41:59 pm »
Well to be honest, the only "bizzarre" flight logger thing I'm aware of was the launch of version 3.0.7 which got put back. I know I am having my own FL issues but this is nothing that is new to FL, it is something to do with my install I am sure.

As far as the PP problem, Maybe one of the Tech minded management can help out, I would think that the fact that he is resending a PP pirep is the root of this problem. (I will try a PP flight and a normal one later and see if there is any difference in the data)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1633 José

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 12:45:27 pm »
I suggest for the newer version, to make it possible with ProPilot too. (Once it´s errors are fixed);)

Thanks for your help:8

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 12:47:28 pm »
I think that most of us have a little update problem too. I have seen a few people mention this, both before and after the lanuch of 3.0.7. And I think I have seen the resend problem somewhere too.