Author Topic: Shots of screens from the million mile fly-in  (Read 4621 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Shots of screens from the million mile fly-in
« on: September 25, 2006, 07:18:15 pm »
As I just happened to have my digital camera on it's tripod not a million miles from me during the million mile fly-in, and I'd found my remote shutter release not days before, I quickly set it all up over my left shoulder and just grabbed a few pics during the event, most of them were hopeless (what with autofocussing in low light and not having any idea what the autofocus was choosing to focus on) but here's two that were better than the rest.

Early on. That's Christian Bakke at 12 o'clock. Specfically though, see clouds below me, and on the ND WXR display we see... :)

After landing and most of the taxi (I was heading for 147 on the Europier) I stopped to see Iain Butler land.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-0744 Alex

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 08:23:07 pm »
Now thats a PC set up for FS and the rest are imitations! :>

I especially like the "Harmony Zero Six Five Four" on the monitor, its a very common thing for me and the majority of pilots to say on the ATC channels "Harmony 32... emmm 340" when switching often from callsigns.

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 08:55:15 pm »
Now Murray....you obviously have far too much spare time and cash to get a rig like that...not that i'm jealous at all.....looks brilliant. Does it all work like it should? If i had that i thnk my wife would file for divorce! Lucky you, Jim :>

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 11:29:13 pm »
Goodness Murray!! That's a set up to remember. Where's the joystick/yoke? ;D

EHM-0641 Rico

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 12:20:47 am »
yeah ?? whick one do u use..???  Saitek X52 here...:8

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 08:22:57 am »
A CH yoke Ben/Rico, just "under" where I cropped both those pictures to 800x600.

And Jim, too much spare cash? Not with a sim-pit on the go ;) The bits I have are all fully functional in a not-PMDG B738 (currently the POSky 738 new fleet repaint, but a really nice model regardless - and being able to fly with what I've got is one of the guiding principles of the project)

Next save/purchase is the pilot-side EFIS control panel, current price 339USD plus shipping, then I'll need to fabricate a simple "glare" box for them both to sit in, and make more permanent arrangements for the backlighting of everything.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 02:45:27 pm »
Nice setup and nie pictures:D   I'm never ever going to get a setup like that lol:]

EHM-2378 Ashley

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 09:04:25 pm »
Where did u get the autopilot panel from???????????

anything