Author Topic: East  (Read 9977 times)

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
East
« on: September 29, 2006, 02:27:35 am »
Hi,

Since Maabaa, our hub manager is working on some things on our site, I was wondering if we could try to schedule a flyin for LGAV. To celebrate the first fly in event made on Athens ;)..

I am thinking of scheduling it to October, maybe the first week ... what do you guys think ? And what route (starting from LGAV or some place near) ?

I also know that some pilots from LGAV hub are anxious to plan a fly in, so this is the best time to write something here ;D

Regards,

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
East
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 07:30:35 am »
Great idea ! Maybe a flyin to the near islands, even in VFR, could be good ;) or ... some jet flight to the Riviera ?

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
East
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 02:15:48 pm »
the surrounding islands in VFR sounds good or what about a fly-in to the lovely holiday island of Malta? ( LMML )
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

EHM-1429 Terence

East
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 03:06:08 pm »
Hi folks,

Can we go east guys?:@

Cheers,

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
East
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 06:51:21 pm »
ok so well what about either Dubai or Hong Kong?

EHM-1539 Pierre

East
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 03:56:03 am »
It's a bit far, I don't have time to take good care about it right now, but I'm sure some hub pilots will come up with good ideas. They did already and I thank them for their support.

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
East
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 01:19:40 am »
well i'm sticking by my Malta idea....... ;D

EHM-1671 Ben

East
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 01:56:20 am »
If you guys want to go east, maybe Turkey or Israel?

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
East
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 11:05:15 am »
Israel sounds nice ;) ..

Maybe we can get Ben Gurion airport :) ..

What do you think?

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
East
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 01:53:05 pm »
yeah actually Israel sounds cool...... its got my vote!

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
East
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 08:55:38 pm »
Hello guys.

As you can see, I have taken over the idea about the organisation of next Fly in started from or to LGAV. Means our Hub and all of us, who belong to LGAV crew are involved. Naturally, I contacted at first our Hub manager P-F and got his permission to be an organiser of our first event.

Well, it's too early to let you know about all the details concerning this particular event, so I kindly ask you: be patient and give me some more time to work on this event - let say, to the end of this week. Thanks.

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
East
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 01:01:52 am »
Hi Peter,

What a surprise :) ... Definately you had overtaken me, at least on your way of speech :) ..

Normally I was expecting a public announcement from your Hub Manager first, but since you got his approval, then go ahead!

We will hear and comment your suggestions.

Regards,

EHM-1539 Pierre

East
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 05:04:11 am »
Message original :  Peter
Hello guys.

As you can see, I have taken over the idea about the organisation of next Fly in started from or to LGAV. Means our Hub and all of us, who belong to LGAV crew are involved. Naturally, I contacted at first our Hub manager P-F and got his permission to be an organiser of our first event.

Well, it's too early to let you know about all the details concerning this particular event, so I kindly ask you: be patient and give me some more time to work on this event - let say, to the end of this week. Thanks.

Sorry about that misunderstanding, it's been corrected. Peter has been a great help for plotting an event scenario, and exposing his ideas, but my mail was a bit misleading. All the hub pilots can of course expose their ideas, and only the management will take any decision, or make any announcement.

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
East
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 11:11:17 pm »
Hi guys.

I'd like to introduce to all of you an idea for our Hub Fly in, but of course, it should be very nice, if coleaguas pilots from all other Hubs would participate.

What is in my mind? From my personal experience I know that a standard Multiplayer event with taking one airport for takeoff, flying 1-2 hours all alone and then landing at another airport is nice, but become a standard routine sooner or later. Departing is usually less stressful than are the landings, especially if we finish at some busy airport. Usually both airports are well known from our routine flights and don't request nothing except routine ILS approach, or nice and polite ATC controllers.

My idea seems a bit more complicated stuff, but in truth: routine - if you exclude a bit of adrenalinum from time to time.
Okay, here we go:

Starting airport is our LGAV ( I highly recommend briliant LGAV scenery, which you may download from our pages ). After take off we head toward NW and fly over Thesaloniki, Bosnia, Zagreb, Croatia, and land ( mostly ILS landing ) at LJLJ  (Ljubljana, Slovenia). After landing, every pilot MUST wait 15 minutes, before he may request a new clearance for second leg.
This second leg is short - landing is at Innsbruck LOWI ( Austria). The guys who know this airport and a bit tricky approach will agree it's not so easy, but requests a bit more concentration on approach. This is Part 1. Time needed: cca. 2 hours.

Part 2 should take place next weekend. We repeat again two legs, starting from Innsbruck LOWI and then fly over a part of Northern Italy, then over the whole East Adriatic coast - Adriatic sea paradise of Croatia, and land at Dubrovnik LDDU. There is also ILS approach, but landing requests full attention and proper reactions of every pilot. Again any landed pilot MUST wait 20 minutes, before applying for the next clearance. Departing Dubrovnik, we fly, SE back to LGAV. This is Part 2. Time: cca. 2 hours.

There exsists a good chance that during boths parts we are fully covered by ATC - IVAO network. It is important that all participants fly  on daytime and at the SAME hour. Another condition: all pilots must use Real weather option of FS. This is because all the way up and down we fly over splendid and very interesting scenery.

Well, this is the first of my ideas. Please, think about and if there will be enough of interest, we may ask for approval. The details are ready to publish.

See you in the skies!

Peter

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
East
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 02:45:22 pm »
not a bad idea but i'll wait and see what the rest of the guys think before i decide myself.... :P

EHM-1798 Conrad

East
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 02:55:13 pm »
Sounds like a nice idea, You have  Approval on my Behalf (Online Department) - just speak to Maabaa about it to finalise the details ;)

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
East
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 02:57:19 pm »
if its good enough for conrad its good enough for me lol!

EHM-1429 Terence

East
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 01:21:34 pm »
Hi folks,

I see we are going the long way east!!:]

I will have to reset my compass.:{:{

Cheers all,

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
East
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 01:30:39 pm »
WEll seems like an interesting choise:-)
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe