Author Topic: PROPILOT WRONG OR MSFS2004  (Read 6465 times)

Offline EHM-1956 Mikael

• Gear up
    • http://www.spottersblog.com/mike
PROPILOT WRONG OR MSFS2004
« on: October 13, 2006, 03:29:51 pm »
Hello pilotfrends
I just wonder is there something wrong with propilot bec i have experiance for 2 incidents that is not my folt 1st after taxi to the runway i was standing in the line wating for takeoffclerance i never get any takeoffclerance but aircraft standing behind me i think it was 2 planes back got the clerance,2nd today i was flying from esdf to essa and after i have landed slowly moving down the runway i get info from tower to contact ground i do that and ground give info for taxi to the gate and im still on the runway then another aircraft take off and hit my tail how can this hapen is it the propilot or mabey something wrong with my MSFS2004.
DOES SOMEONE ELSE HAVE THE SAME EXPERINCE ABOUT PROBLEMS LIKE THIS I SHOULD REALY WANT TO HERE THEM.
EHM-1956 Mikael.Nilsson

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 03:33:53 pm »
Hi Mikael,

im not sure about the first incident but the second one is pure MSFS fault. If you land off the runway( one wheel on the runway, the other off or all off), TWR will tell you to contact ground as it thinks that you have cleared the runway.

Offline EHM-1956 Mikael

• Gear up
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 03:43:15 pm »
NO I WAS LANDING CORECT ON THE RUNWAY AND TTHE PLANE THAT WAS TAKING OFF WAS TAXING TO TAKEOFFPOSOTION WHEN I LANDED SO I NEARLY HIT HIM THERE ALREADY.
EHM-1956 Mikael.Nilsson

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 03:44:19 pm »
Hi Mikael.Nilsson,

On both situatons, if you said exactly how they happened, you will not be penalized by the system, because you only get a crash penalty when you exceed 51 knots.

So, on both cases, if you were almost stopped, than you will not be penalized. If not, than we cannot do anything for you because the system told us that you were at more than 51 knots ground speed.

I must tell you that it's impossible to judge situations like that one. We cannot open exceptions even it's a FS2004 problem.. The system is fair, and we cannot make a special condition that will open situations like that one because it is impossible to cover all those kinds of situation.

I hope you understand.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1956 Mikael

• Gear up
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 03:04:30 pm »
Hi Bruno Falcão, it was not my atension to tell about this so i didnt get penelty i was only coirious about how this can happen bec i think mabey there is something wrong with my FS, bec it have some strange behavior for a time now sometimes FS DONT WANT TO START so i ned to restart my pc först and for a coupple off days ago wen i start  FS the lisenseagre box show up its never hapend before mabey its time to reinstall?
EHM-1956 Mikael.Nilsson

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 03:17:38 pm »
Mikael, never trust your ATC escpecially if it is the FS one...they often do more damage than help...my litle experience say that when you are offline it is better to do everything by yourself, maybe looking around for traffic...;D
For the other problem it is full black...I am sorry

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 09:33:19 am »
I totally agree with Paolo. I have Traffic 2005, and the traffic can get so bad in that game. The queus for take off can be massive. Anyway, I decided to have it on 100% one day, and it was a mess. The ATC were struggling really badly with it. The thing I didn't like, was that sometimes, it was so unrealistic, that it was scary. A plane took off while a plane was 100ft ready to land! It's crazy! Sometimes, it got so beserk, that the planes just disappeared, because otherwise, they'd crash.

Offline EHM-1555 Kendy

• Climbing
    • Some Flight Videos - and some fun performance
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 10:50:37 am »
Matt and Mikael,

yes it seems to be a problem with the FS ATC.
Anyway, if you flew the first time online (for example IVAO) you won't miss
the FS ATC. As real as it gets, like ProPilot is and with real ' human Traffic'
and  ATC given by real  people is more fun anyway.
Believe me, you will STOP flying offline ;)

If you need any assistance for installing the software, just drop a note to our
Online Department or send me an email.

Looking forward to see you guys in the sky !

best regards,

Kendy

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 05:10:22 pm »
My advice is to fly online, but sometimes, I fly offline if I can't be bothered to deal with all those Flight Plans, having to do all that phraseology, and having all the trouble of getting connected.

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 08:43:35 pm »
Mikael,

As said already, FS2004 ATC is bad and not very realistic. Did you try Radar Contact 4. This ATC simulator is quite more realistic, even if voice seems a little bit robotic. But it is quite good tool.

Cheers
Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

anything