Author Topic: A Super MISTAKE!  (Read 2698 times)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
A Super MISTAKE!
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:57:20 pm »
Well, it was supposed to be impossible but today I just did it.
I locked the flight 6750 from LGAV to LPPT in the A330.
Then, 4 hours ago I started my flight as I was supposed to.
I seldom use the PP FLogger flight planner so when I start it, I go directly to the Log window after choosing the plane and the flight which was 6750.
When I was 1 hour from arriving to Lisbon, I entered EH web site to check the info regarding how PP handles the differents TA´s since I didn´t want to be penalized for it. Remember that Lisbon TA is 4000´. Then I saw the actual flights going on and to my surprise I was supposed to be flying to HECA in Cairo! Then I entered the PP FLogger and re-checked the flight thinking that I could send the PIREP after reporting my error. When I checked the correct flight to LPPT then I made the stupid and unforgettable mistake of clicking in Get this Route tab but at that time I didn´t know yet it was a mistake. Then I got to my locked flight and it was right: I had locked the wrong fligth!.
The hell broke loose on me when I returned to my flight. Instead of being at FL320, I was parked at LGAV!!.
Imagine, 4 hours wasted. You never are too old to learn!.
In the future I will be double careful when locking a flight!.
Please don´t send flowers.:$

Hector Partidas
EHM1749

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
A Super MISTAKE!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:13:20 pm »
how could you not send flowers after that..........awwww  :]     - dont you just hate it when that happens! its sooooo frustrating but just get back in that pilots seat and get the original flight done and you'll feel much better and more accomplished ;D
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
A Super MISTAKE!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 03:58:53 am »
Thanks Brian for your kind response and support.
Well, after a long night of self-criticism, I decided to fly to Schipol to pick my old A340 and then go to Atlanta. You see, it is wise sometimes to listen to the Almigthy. Maybe something terrible was going to happen arriving at Lisbon. You will never know.
Have a nice weekend.
Regards,
Hector Partidas
EHM-1749

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-1612 Paolo

A Super MISTAKE!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 06:06:20 am »
ouch...that hurts ;)