Author Topic: Second Pro pilot flight a SUCCESS hoorah!  (Read 6482 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Second Pro pilot flight a SUCCESS hoorah!
« on: November 17, 2006, 08:29:57 pm »
After crashing my first flight on pro pilot,i felt extremely chuffed to have completed a successful second flight.Thats despite the devilish FS ATC assigning me a visual approach,(swines)I managed to request another runway and  ILS approach and felt smug as i thought i had no other problems but my flight was not over yet APR mode failed to intercept the glidscope and i STILL had to make a steep and rather fast visual app but this time i got down and made a reasonable landing with me gripping the joystick and in the manner of an old movie gritting my teeth and muttering come on,get down,get down which it did.
Amazing really a middle aged man feeling chuffed up like a little kid.
I like this Ppilot and as long as i don't crash probably will use it all the time now.
PS i dint seem to loose any points but not sure about that score was 240 if that means something.
cheers Andy;D

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 09:23:41 pm »
Woohoo! Well done! I have only made a few 0 score PP flights (that's apparent from my atrocious score of 560-something!!) but indeed it is a thrill. Well done on making the approach successfully! ;D;D;)

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 01:23:45 am »
i got 240 penalty points in my first pro pilot flight and i was chuffed to bits with that so well done Andrew!! ;D
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:34:18 am »
Congrats, Andrew! Welcome to the PP Community! be sure to check your PP score position in the Pilot Lounge;)

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 10:48:55 am »
Crashed on my first PP flight too, second flight I had something like 550 points and 530 on the third, really slowly I am approaching the average of 300 points, but I really love PP (always if I don't crash :])
Good luck with PP andrew!

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 03:37:02 pm »
Thanks Guys for your encouraging words.
I didnt realise that the 240 was penalty points.Where do i check to see where i went wrong.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 03:40:10 pm »
when you've finished a pro pilot flight check the ACARS tab on your flight logger and it will point out to you the exact times and reasons for any penalties given ;D

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 03:48:02 pm »
Thanks Brian
I found out where i went wrong on the "my flights" section of PP i exceeded the maximum descent speed of 4500 fpm.i should have declared missed approach really but was to inpatient to log a successful flight.PS I do like all the information that PP saves and displays about your flight, nifty stuff indeed.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 03:55:18 pm »
it is certainly a fantastic idea.........unique to euroharmony might i add!!

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 04:15:24 pm »
It's alway a good idea to have the approach plates(charts) for the airport you are flying to, there you will find the intercept altitude for the ILS/VOR DME and decent profile.
As well as the STAR(standard terminal arrival) or arrival route.
Althoug FS9 ATC does not use this.
You all the info you need about the airport you are flying into.
Charts can be found in the Pilots Lounge in the Propilot section or be bought from Navigraph(LINK)

And you should try to fly online with real procedures. Gives flying a new dimension

Good luck with your further flights and happy landings:)
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

EHM-1905 Mikael

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 09:10:22 pm »
Nice to hear I'm not the only one.

Since I started to fly Pro Pilot style, I've changed some criterias. Not stable at 500 ft AGL when landing, it's just to go around. Crashed the last time, but that's another story. :>

As you said, a middle aged man behaving like a child. At least my girl friend thinks so. ;)

anything