Author Topic: KATL Under New ownership  (Read 6386 times)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

KATL Under New ownership
« on: November 21, 2006, 10:03:59 pm »
Rasmussen has landed.

I'm sure you all know me so I wont bore you all with my life story, but I'm now Full time KATL HUB Manager.

My objectives are :
To introduce HUB fly-in's around the US.
I also aim to implement a tour for the Americas for all the VFA pilots.
Top of my Priority list is to gain some active pilots at the HUB. Any active pilots in the Forums looking for a change, are more than welcome to join the HUB, I know Brian and Ben were once members, maybe you guys could come home ? :P

So come join KATL...

EHM-1671 Ben

KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 11:30:44 pm »
Congratulations, Razza!

I myself sent Bruno an 'application' of sorts to him this morning, and 25 minutes later your post here pops up! Of course, no hard feelings though ;) I have some ideas (which I think are quite good) and I would like to share those with you in the future. Again, congratulations on your new position ;D

For all those of you who have been in the old European Hubs... why not take a break and join the hub across the ocean?

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 12:11:39 am »
My sincere congrats Razza.

Peter

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 03:23:30 pm »
excellent news Razza - i'm on my way home to the KATL hub...... will re-join up immediately now that there's a more than capable fellow in charge ;D
Brian McGloughlin /  EHM-1980

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 07:27:22 pm »
Hello everyone!
I have decided to join this hub! I agree with what Razza says, it needs more active members, so I've decided to join. Also, it has all my good friends on EHM, Razza, Ben, Brian etc.

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 02:10:19 am »
thats great news Matt welcome aboard mate..... ;D;D    - i tried out online flying tonight and what an experience i had!! flew from LPPT to EGBB just as a practise flight before i fly real euroharmony routes online and let me tell you i was almost half an hour on the ground before making sense of it all....... but i managed to get off the ground and everything was going well until i crossed the border of portugal and spain when i was advised to go to a UNICOM radio frequency..... that was fine but i had no ATC for the rest of the flight?? what is UNICOM and how do you get off it so you can go back to ATC?

EHM-1758 Owen

KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 10:12:18 am »
Yep - Razza tempted my into the KATL Hub with his usual charms.........

Nah, kidding. It's good to be a part of KATL Hub, keep up the good work Razza

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 10:53:24 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1980 Brian
thats great news Matt welcome aboard mate..... ;D;D    - i tried out online flying tonight and what an experience i had!! flew from LPPT to EGBB just as a practise flight before i fly real euroharmony routes online and let me tell you i was almost half an hour on the ground before making sense of it all....... but i managed to get off the ground and everything was going well until i crossed the border of portugal and spain when i was advised to go to a UNICOM radio frequency..... that was fine but i had no ATC for the rest of the flight?? what is UNICOM and how do you get off it so you can go back to ATC?

Firstly, thanks Brain!

This isn't really the place to discuss this, but I'll give you a brief explanation, and if you still have problems, just U2U me!

Unicom is a radio used when there is no ATC around. Especially Birmingham. In IVAO, Birmingham is not very popular, while on VATSIM, it is very popular.

If ATC tells you to go onto Unicom, go there, and all pilots that are in no ATC are also there. You just type in your intentions, if there is traffic around you, so they know what you are doing. You will stay in UNICOM until you get back into ATC airspace. the way you know whether you're in ATC airspace, is the controller will send you a message.

Hope that helps! This sounds bad, but I find unfortunately, that you spend alot more time in UNICOM rather than in ATC airspace.

Offline EHM-1980 Brian

• Martian transfer
KATL Under New ownership
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 10:54:58 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1883 Matt

Firstly, thanks Brain!

thanks for the advice Matt i know its not the forum topic point for the question but i just had to know......

and i know i'm intelligent but....... it's Brian not Brain lol :]:]

anything