Author Topic: Good heavens another descent speed question  (Read 5018 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Good heavens another descent speed question
« on: November 22, 2006, 09:37:33 am »
I was wondering if my descent speed problems(keep getting the same penalty each flight)could be this.....on the flight logger log page where you send of your pirep after your PP flight there are a couple of things you have to fill in manually IE approach type and cruise altitude i have always filled in the approach type but have never filled in the cruise altitude,Could this be the reason i keep getting the decent level penalty even though i am very careful to stick to the correct speeds and the 1500 to 2000 fpm descent values.
cheers Andy

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 09:42:10 am »
When you fly PP, you don't have to fill any of that out. All that you need to fill out is the approach type, online/offline and what the air speed is measured in (IAS, TAS GS or Mach). I don't know what you mean when you say that when you file the PP PIREP you fill out a cruise speed, that should already be recorded...

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 09:48:26 am »
Apolgies Ben
I mean cruise altitude.
cheers Andy

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 09:50:16 am »
Still, that should already be recorded too... the management is more knowledgable than I on this subject so I'll leave it here, sorry I can't help you Andrew :(

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 09:56:40 am »
Yep i think i am getting a bit confused here.If i am flying using PP then i assume all flight data is recorded automatically?But if i am useing just the logger then as well as having having to manually enter the approach type......OH bugger! i dont know thanks for your help anyway.
Hope you are preparing to fly back the ashes;D
cheers andy