Author Topic: Still no panel lights  (Read 9327 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:20:42 pm »
Hello All
On two flights now i have had failures of the panel lights,tonight on the A320 and the other day on the bae146.Was this caused by random failures produced by PP ? i thought that PP didn't actually set failures.(although it says it does)
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0361 Karsten

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 09:56:04 pm »
Andy,

Well it doesn't, I can't give you a good answer to why this has happen to you twice with two different aircrafts. All I can say is I have something like that myself a couple of times, before we got PP. Once I lost all light. All light switches went to off and every time I tried turning on the light they just switch back to off. Didn't have any failure option set and battery life time was set 0 in FSUIPC. And just like you I have also tried losing panel light, on ordinary flights. I think that my FS sometimes likes to make fun of me. Sort of a flightsim with a sense of humor.

EHM-1998 Steven

Still no panel lights
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 05:08:59 am »
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one having this problem. No clue what is causing it though. It seems like the panel lights just turn off randomly and there is no way to regain them. All my other lights are fine throughout the flight, though. Strange.

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 10:06:05 am »
Thanks Guys
A mystery indeed.I shall try my lights before takeoff next time.(Steven your right ,so far its just panel lights)
OOOOOOOOHHHHH! A ghost in the machine:o

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Still no panel lights
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 10:17:06 am »
I have these problems, it normally happens when I shut down my engines, and restart them to start the flight logger.

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 10:22:52 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1358 Tim
I have these problems, it normally happens when I shut down my engines, and restart them to start the flight logger.

Tim
Interesting Tim the plot thickens.
PS I always start in cold and dark mode.(saved flight)
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Still no panel lights
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 10:52:40 am »
I was suffering a similar problem on all aircraft, where as the night sky darkened so did my panel lighting, until eventually I was unable to see any of the switches. I was using BitDefender anti virus software and it had caused some strange problems with other software, I have now installed a different anti virus and I had a backup of my FS9.exe file which I have installed , and now all my panel lights remain on throughout the flight. So I would try and replace the existing FS9.exe and see if it cures the problem.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 08:26:19 pm »
Hello all
Tonight i did a PP flight in the a310 cargo, i got a number of penalties,but i am not bothered about that(my fault)BUT!Again i had a failure of panel/cabin lights.
Ant ideas Chaps?
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Still no panel lights
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 11:32:40 pm »
MOD *Topics Merged* Same subject.

Andrew, can I ask if you have and PSS Payware aircraft installed? I had this problem and found that it was caused by the addition of my PSS Airbus fleet.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 07:50:05 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1703 Philip
MOD *Topics Merged* Same subject.

Andrew, can I ask if you have and PSS Payware aircraft installed? I had this problem and found that it was caused by the addition of my PSS Airbus fleet.

Hello Phil
No PSS Payware or any .....Whoops i have got JF Flying club and the light aircraft that come with that but no other Payware.
cheers Andy

EHM-1998 Steven

Still no panel lights
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 09:37:54 pm »
I do have PSS Airbus aircraft and now that you mention it, this started at around the time that I added the PSS A340. Is there a fix, Phil?

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Still no panel lights
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 11:00:38 pm »
Not that I know I'm afraid.... I did manage to cure it, last time I re-installed my machine and FS, I did not install the PSS Airbus fleet! ;)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1998 Steven

Still no panel lights
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 12:10:09 am »
:o I think I will just tolerate the problem for now. ;) I already dread the day that I have to do that since I have sooo many add-ons.

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Still no panel lights
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 09:59:37 am »
There is no need to re install FS9, as I said in a previous post I cured the problem by replacing the FS9.exe file from a backup copy. You can do this by copying the FS9.exe file from the FS9 disk  1, go to the Game folder and copy the FS9.exe file from there, go to your flight sim folder locate the FS9.exe file and rename it, now paste the new copy into this folder, this does not affect any add ons or scenery that you have installed, try it because it worked fine for me, and my panel lights are still OK.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Still no panel lights
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
I recently developed this problem. It is completely unrelated to ProPilot. I also found no need to replace the EXE file. I have the entire PSS Airbus and Dash 8 fleet installed. I discovered the problem was sorted out when I removed the FSConnect.dll file from my modules folder. I installed it recently for a program to create exclude files. I have no other use for it and when I removed it from FS, I no longer had my panel lights going out in midflight.

It seems the solution is different for everyone but, I am 100% certain FSConnect.dll was the problem because, I reinstalled it into my modules folder and the very next flight my panel lights went out again. Hope this helps those still struggling.

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2006, 08:24:57 pm »
I checked my modules folder and i don't have fsconnect.dll.
BUT! guess what i still had my panel lights fail again tonight.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Still no panel lights
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2006, 09:16:04 am »
I meant to type "FSConnect.dll was the problem FOR ME" :$ In my many years of experience troubleshooting my own various problems with FS (back to FS98), problems do not begin spontaneously. Most are caused by some kind of addition or deletion within FS. Rarely are non-FS related programs and/or files the cause of problems. So the obvious step is to trace back the last 5 changes to FS you've made since the problem began (ie. aircraft, panel, sound, texture, scenery, addon utilities etc). It usually helps me to write them down and the try and determine possible conflicts/problems these changes may have caused.

As I mentioned, FSConnect was a recent install and my panel lights kept dying (only panel, exterior lights and VC lights remained - specifically PMDG Beech 1900D).

Good luck. Let us know when you find the problem.

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 05:00:56 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-0695 Scott
I meant to type "FSConnect.dll was the problem FOR ME" :$ In my many years of experience troubleshooting my own various problems with FS (back to FS98), problems do not begin spontaneously. Most are caused by some kind of addition or deletion within FS. Rarely are non-FS related programs and/or files the cause of problems. So the obvious step is to trace back the last 5 changes to FS you've made since the problem began (ie. aircraft, panel, sound, texture, scenery, addon utilities etc). It usually helps me to write them down and the try and determine possible conflicts/problems these changes may have caused.

As I mentioned, FSConnect was a recent install and my panel lights kept dying (only panel, exterior lights and VC lights remained - specifically PMDG Beech 1900D).

Good luck. Let us know when you find the problem.

Hello Scott
I agree.FS9 can be a mysterious beast sometimes.I was wondering if it could be anything to do with the latest FSUIPC which i recently installed.
PS I checked in the failures section of FS and an electrical failure had been recorded,but i have never actually  set any random failures(after years as an FS fan i am still trying to perfect my flying and landings :])
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Still no panel lights
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2006, 07:13:06 pm »
Hmmm..... the only program that I run that can set failures is FSPassengers. Do you have any programs that generate failures? Freeware or payware? I know when an electrical failure occurs with FSPassengers running, I would have to reload the aircraft to remove the failure check (unchecking it doesn't get rid of it ironically).

As far as FSUIPC is concerned.... the battery setting under the technical tab would be the only item I can think of that may afffect your panel lights however, if the battery dies, your generators should keep the lights on unless that particular aircraft has them mapped to battery only not the main bus..... I could be confusing myself here. I would have to check one of my aircraft.cfg files to confirm this. A thought.

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Still no panel lights
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2006, 08:40:11 pm »
Hello Scott
I am sure you can set random failures in FS.I dont have any other programs that might do this.
Another mystery:o
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Still no panel lights
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2006, 12:31:00 am »
Oh yest I know.... I was referring to addons that can set failures.

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Still no panel lights
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 06:58:49 pm »
Andrew,

I was mislead to believe a .dll file was the culprit. After hours and hours of testing, Flight logger is in fact the cause of my panel light failure. Do you lose panel lights without flight logger? I am still testing whether or not it is just flight logger or if it's flight logger linked with Pro pilot.

*Update*

Unfortunately, Activesky just messed up an upper winds decode over Italy and my aircraft just went from Mach 0.78 to Mach 0.92 and broke up.... so my propilot tests will have to wait.