Author Topic: List of payware planes?  (Read 5594 times)

wantee

List of payware planes?
« on: January 31, 2007, 09:34:06 am »
Hi there!

(Sorry if it is mentioned elsewhere, but I did not find answer in the forums)

Is there a kind of list of payware models (e.g. PMDG, PSS, Wilco PIC, etc.) that PP can recognize?
Also, if someone did such thing, are there any known issues to be taken care of (like landing lights with PSS Airbuses or the STD Baro problem)

Thanks, Janos

EHM-1671 Ben

List of payware planes?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 09:55:08 am »
Hi Janos, the PP system will recognize any of the payware aircraft which Euroharmony has liveries for. This list (to my knowlege) is;

-Beech 1900D
-PMDG Boeing 737-800
-PSS Airbus A330-300
-Level D Boeing 767-300ER
-PMDG 747-400
-PSS Boeing 777-200

I hope this helps, maybe someone else could shine some light on this?

wantee

List of payware planes?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 10:46:14 am »
Thanks Ben!

Maybe I'll sacrifice some penalty points ant try to test some others as well :D
In your list I can see nice birdies ... that I almost never fly :]

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
List of payware planes?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 01:31:47 pm »
Ben, to my untrained eye, you only missed off the PMDG 744F (the freight variant).
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
List of payware planes?
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 03:49:25 pm »
I think the 747-400F is not on the fleet page...

I will ask Robert to put a link there.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
List of payware planes?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 11:42:00 am »
Hi Janos, and everyone,

if I am right -plz Bruno correct me if not- the PP system does not really recognize the planes. I mean, if you fly a Captainsim 757, or a PSS 757, or a POSKY 757, ProPilot -especially FlightLogger- will not care about it too much. If it did not know your version so far, the HUB captain will check your PIREP, and can judge if you used the correct plane.

For recognition, we always use the [title] field in the Aircraft.cfg file. There is a list in FlightLogger about the available standard EuroHarmony TITLE-s, so it can recognize the airplanes after that. If we introduce a bunch of new airplanes, because the EuroHarmony livery was born for them, then this TITLE list will grow of course.

The situation is different, if we have "buggy" payware planes that are not completely compatible with PP. So far, actions took only in case of the PMDG 747 that does not use the default Beacon, so PP can recognize you fly the PMDG 747, and will not record the Beacon penalty.

I guess, this distinction can happen with other planes too, like the PSS Airbuses that causes the Landing lights penalty. We only need some time for the improvement, and your cooperation to report permanent bugs with those paywares. ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
List of payware planes?
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 09:28:11 pm »
You are correct Robert. The FlightLogger doesn't fully recognize the airplane. But, we always record the technical fs name from the airplane that the pilot used.

Regarding the Boeing 747 airplane beacon light bug, it's correct too. As soon as we detect a payware airplane that has this kind of bug, we remove all the penalties given to all the pilots, and recalculate the FAC's again. Also as Robert said, you need to give us time to do that. The 747 is done, more will follow as soon as we have time.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
List of payware planes?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 10:57:31 pm »
Bruno,

Can we look at the landing light penalty on the A330 next. (as most have patched the PSS A320 panel to the IFDG model, maybe that one too)

There is a lot of movement in the Airbus Payware market with the Wilco version on sale (Do not buy it yet, the download system is a nightmare! Believe me I have been trying to download it for 3 days now!) and Airliner XP and PMDG both having models in development so this probably will not be a problem for long as the old PSS models will gradually get replaced.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703