Author Topic: New MD-11 available  (Read 2950 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
New MD-11 available
« on: February 07, 2007, 10:17:48 am »
For all you big iron jockies out there, there's a new MD-11 in town :P

No, PMDG haven't released their version yet! ;D

It's by Sky Simulations, a new company, and it looks pretty good from their pics:-

http://www.skysimulations.com/

As always, it's worth waiting to see reviews and feedback from early purchasers as it could be a frame rate killer with all the graphic details they quote (walking pushback engineers anyone..?) but the VC and external model look nice.

It's at a good price compared to what PMDG are likely to charge so worth considering. I'm a big fan of PMDG but their MD-11 may still be some months off and I think it might not be FS9 compatible whereas this one defintiely is ;)

I'll probably buy it myself if early reviews are any good, just thought I'd give you all the early heads-up ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
New MD-11 available
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:43:42 am »
Looks nice, but taking the screenshots from PMDG, I think PMDG one will be better ;) .. Also, i never like photo-realistic based panels ..

I am very tempted to buy the PMDG MD-11 because flying a 3 engine airplane is completely different from the 4's and twin engines ones.

Regards,

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
New MD-11 available
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 05:16:56 pm »
Then you should start flying the DC-7 "Seven Seas" regarded as the fastest triengined propliner;)
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
New MD-11 available
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:53:38 pm »
She looks nice..... I bought the Wilco Airbus Series 1 Deluxe last week and although it's ok, I will not fly it in anger until some of the bugs have been ironed out.... I think I will wait to see how this one gets received as I may just wait for the PMDG release.

This said, I notice the Martinair is registered PH-MCP which is a plane I have flown on in real life so it might be worth getting just to add to my collection, although when I flew on her, she was in the old Martinair Livery flying EHAM-KMIA.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
New MD-11 available
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 02:01:57 pm »
Looks really nice ! Although I think the PFD is modeled better at PMDG. The good thing is, this team gave a lot of last minute idea to the PMDG product ;D

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold

anything