Author Topic: Singapore-Changi openday, VATSIM [10 February 2007 - 1000Z-1600Z]  (Read 4337 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Kung Hey Fat Choi!/Gong Xi Fa Cai!

We have received an invitation from SinVACC (via Jav, many thanks mate) to their inaugural event this coming Saturday. I'll be there testing a flight/FSInn (hint, hint) if I can get away from work early enough (server hard drives dying, can only do the "move all the data to the new array" over the weekend...)

Where: Singapore-Changi, WSSS
Date: Saturday, February 10, 2007
Time: 1000Z-1600Z

Singapore vACC is proud to present our first event and warmly welcomes all pilots to fly the virtual skies of Singapore. Changi International Airport (WSSS) will be fully staffed to celebrate Chinese New Year 2007, the year of the Boar (Pig).
Changi airport is a major aviation hub in Asia, particularly in the South East Asia region. It is the main stop over for the kangaroo route and one of the busiest cargo airports in the world; it won the Skytrax "Airport of the year" award in 2006, so come and see for yourself what all the fuss is about in this rapidly developing airspace on the VATSIM network.

Below you can find a link to some charts for SID/STAR procedures at WSSS along with some preferred Flight Plan routes utilising the new SID/STAR procedures to and from some main airports within the Asia region.

Preferred Flight Routes and Runway Info

SID/STAR charts can be found at the Charts section of the Singapore vACC website.

Pilots can expect to see the following ATC:

If you have any questions feel free to contact me via e-mail at events@sinvacc.info

On behalf of Singapore vACC, we look forward to guiding you through the virtual skies of Singapore.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Singapore-Changi openday, VATSIM [10 February 2007 - 1000Z-1600Z]
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 05:31:32 pm »
While it wasn't anything official, I flew the online event flight to check/test everything.

Took off far later than had I wanted to, and three hours later (1700Z) I landed.

My very great thanks to the whole SinVacc team (Dick, Paul and Jav) for staying on extra late so I had ATC from CTR to GND.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything