Atlanta First Fly-In Poll

KBOS - Boston
5 (35.7%)
KLGA - La Guardia
2 (14.3%)
KMIA - Miami
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Atlanta First Fly-In Poll  (Read 6572 times)

EHM-1343 Jonathan

« on: February 18, 2007, 03:43:36 pm »
Hi guys...

After some hard thinking and a lot of research, I think the time is right to start planning a HUB Fly-In for Atlanta. The date and route are still up for debate, and I have decided to make a poll so we can decide a destination. I have 3 Airports I think would be good fun to fly to, and below are a few good things about each airport.

Boston - KBOS

Fantastic Freeware scenery which is payware quality and fps friendly, makes flying to Boston a joy. The flight is about 2hrs long so everyone should be able to participate. Its a large Airport with ILS and everything so even beginner pilots can participate, there are no weired procedures.

KLGA - La Guardia

A busy airport just outside New York, the airport is a nice size, it is not a major Trans Continental airport, so the flight will be very enjoyable. Pilots can also expect an approach over the city, flight time of about 1hr30

KMIA - Miami

A great airport to fly to, it is quite large, and has all of the usual approach aids, the weather is normally very nice down there, and flight time is a little shorter than the other two routes...

Please select one of the options above and we will see how it goes!!!

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 03:48:56 pm »
Miami! ;D

short flight hehe... never flown there before but it since theres mostly good weather, im there for the sun ;D

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 07:37:25 pm »
Hey Razza. All three are very nice places to make some nice Fly ins. But I would you suggest to go also a little bit over the border into Canadian air space. Recommended are Vancouver, Anchorage and Kelowna. Take a look-fantastic scenery, even the default one and very nice airports with a lot of fun to approach and make a proper landing. And let me know about KATL first Flight in.

Peter LGAV HM

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 08:23:04 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-0471 Peter
But I would you suggest to go also a little bit over the border into Canadian air space. Recommended are Vancouver, Anchorage and Kelowna.
Peter LGAV HM

Wow! Vancuver and Anchorage are way too far from KATL I think...:%
If pilots from other hubs can join the fly-in, I'm going to say Miami, maybe with a little typhoon or something like that ;)

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 07:54:42 am »
Well, I put my vote in for Boston - I just love that scenery!! I'll have to get IVAO working, too.

Razza, if there's anything I can do to help you out organizing this event, let me know ;)

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 12:24:05 pm »
Eventhough I am actually in Mendoza, Argentina for working reasons, my hometown, Maracaibo, Venezuela, is only 1.5 hrs from Miami so I go for this one.
Beautiful city and airport. Nice weather now that the hurricane season is over. Impossible to miss it since the peninzula is a natural VOR/NDB.
However, just in case Boston wins, could you pls advise where can I get the freeware scenery mentioned above?
Regards,
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

Offline EHM-1749 Hector

• Geostationary orbit
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:36:12 pm »
Razza, just thought of having something different, if not this time, maybe in the future:
Could it be possible to have EHM to get some Amphibious Cessna Caravans?
This way a VFR Fly-In could be planned for the Miami or the Bermudas area where there are many seaports for fishing fans.
It would be quite an experience landing (?) in a controlled seaport. I have never done it for instance.
Regards,
Hector

Good pilots keep their number of landings equal to their number of takeoffs. Takeoffs are optional but landings are Mandatory.

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 12:56:49 pm »
Controlled seaports; sounds like an excellent idea!
But for this one, I'll go for Miami too.
When you have to live in Switzerland any thought of warm sunshine, always wins...
;D

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:04:57 pm »
If I cannot fly, due to my FS which has been messing around recently, I will be happy to control, but hopefully, I will fly!;D

I voted for Boston.

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 10:00:50 pm »
Razza. Amphibious and controlled water landing. This idea is splendid and you have a lot of chances to do such an event. I did this some five times on Havai and it's amazing and might be very shocky. If you need some help, just let me know mate.

Peter LGAV HM