Author Topic: Additional Flights  (Read 6556 times)

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
Additional Flights
« on: February 24, 2007, 10:13:43 am »
Hello pilots and managers,

I'm just wondering if it may be possible to add some specific flights on top of the rich flight schedule we already have in Euroharmony.

The reason of that ? Being able to flight some short legs <2hours with big birds such as B777, B747, A340, ...

How ? : By providing some Maintenance flights. I remember in an other VA, (BAVirtual), there was a maintenance flight schedule available that was offering some flights from main HUBs (mainly UK based in that case ;) ) to a specific maintenance site which was EGFF (Cardiff). What about initiating the same kind of flights to allow flighting the big ones when pilots do not have enough time to do long haul.

Just let me know your feedback on this one

Have good flights
Cheers
EHM1945

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Additional Flights
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:45:28 am »
Christophe,

There is some merit to what you are requesting, I know people have expensive addons like the PSS772 and PMDG744 but don't necessarilly like to spend 7 hours crossing a boring ocean. If we were to introduce a maintenance schedule, it would be a limited one and certainly would not be a complex network of flights.

I will put it on the agenda for the next meeting but input from pilots would be welcomed to see if the idea would generate enough interest to make the work involved worthwhile.

Cheers,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
Additional Flights
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 11:07:34 am »
Hi

I'm with Christophe.

I own the PMDG744 and i'm doing flights outside the EuroHarmony VA, because at the moment, i don't have time to spend 7 or 10 hours to do long flights.

Cheers,

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Additional Flights
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 11:22:11 am »
Good idea! I think this would be worthwhile and allow us to get more use out of some of our most expensive aircraft ;)

I'm one of the PSS 777 owners Phil alludes to above and I've hardly used it, precisely because I normally fly for 1 to 3 hours at a time and there aren't any suitably short routes at the moment for class 7 planes. It's the very reason that I haven't (yet) given in to my desire to buy the PMDG Queen of the Skies... :)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
Additional Flights
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 12:59:12 pm »
Excellent idea Cristophe, and at our first meeting of MA, I am going to support it.

Peter LGAV HM

Offline EHM-1651 Christian

• Martian transfer
Additional Flights
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 01:08:15 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1465 Dominic
Good idea! I think this would be worthwhile and allow us to get more use out of some of our most expensive aircraft ;)

I'm one of the PSS 777 owners Phil alludes to above and I've hardly used it, precisely because I normally fly for 1 to 3 hours at a time and there aren't any suitably short routes at the moment for class 7 planes. It's the very reason that I haven't (yet) given in to my desire to buy the PMDG Queen of the Skies... :)

Actualy you could use it to fly between Lisbon and Las Palmas there a class 7 flight between there;)
EHM-1651 CHRISTIAN BAKKE "A pilots ego equals the wingspan" Stated by a Captain of Widerøe

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Additional Flights
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 02:58:24 pm »
You could use maintenance flights with damaged propilot planes possibly, but that might be getting a bit too hard, since there'd have to be an autoatic system which will only let the damaged planes fly those flights etc.

EHM-0250 Magnus

Additional Flights
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 04:49:41 pm »
Unless the rules have changed, you can fly any flight you want to for any class you want to that is equal or lower than your rank. I.e. if you're a rank 4 pilot, you can fly rank 1, 2, 3 and 4 flights with a rank 4 aircraft. However, you can't fly a rank 3 flight with a rank 2 aircraft.

I made one of those flights the other day. The FlightLogger said that the aircraft and flight classes didn't match, but I could submit the PIREP without any problems.

Offline EHM-1442 Luis

• FL100
Additional Flights
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 05:17:08 pm »
@ Magnus
I think you are right about the rules.

The problem is when you want a ProPilot flight with the 747.

You must lock a ProPilot flight for the 747 and you only find flights with 7 or more hours....there are 2 or 3 exceptions, like the flight LPPT-GCLP.

Cheers

EHM-0250 Magnus

Additional Flights
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 05:30:37 pm »
Yeah, I guess the ProPilot doesn't work that way.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Additional Flights
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 06:27:12 pm »
Just to clarify, there are certain rules regarding Aircraft Class that are covered in the ops manual in section 4.4 & 5.2.

If your rank allows, you can fly:

Any Class 1,2 or 3 Flight with any Class 1, 2 pr 3 Aircraft. (Prop Flights Only)
Any Class 4,5 or 6 Flight with and Class 4, 5 or 6 Aircraft. (Prop Aircraft or Class 7 not allowed)
Class 7 may only be flown with Class 7 Aircraft.

Officially therefore you can only use a class 7 aircraft to fly a class 7 flight.
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1617 Iain

Additional Flights
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 10:12:33 pm »
Love the idea - I think that having a MAINT location is a great! Ideally, this would be integrated with 'failures' and 'damaged' (future:]) states within PP, but an isolated maintenance 'timetable' would be a worthy start.

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Additional Flights
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 10:31:21 pm »
It looks like the maintenance schedule is destined to become VERY popular (esp. if it not division specific).
I, for one, although I don't yet possess the rank, would certainly support the idea.
I'd also be happy to help devising some of the flights if you want.

• Climbing
Additional Flights
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 10:20:40 am »
Hello enthusiastic piltos ;D

I'm quite happy to see that this idea is quite supported :>

As already written, it should be good to define a specific maintenance location, and if part of our great pilots we have as well a scenery designer, what about having a dedicated Euroharmony base with maintenance hangar and Euroharmony brand name on it, like British in EGLL or Air France in LFPG, ... Or may be we can have a dedicated airport to class 1 to Class 3, one dedicated airport for Class 4 to 5 and a last one for 6 and 7.

Just an additional tought

Cheers
Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

EHM-1821 Javier

Additional Flights
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 11:54:06 am »
Great Idea Kristoff!!!  This would give me a chance to fly Class 7 without all those long hauls :]

maybe EGCC could double as a Maintainence hub as well as a training hub?

EHM-1412 Alex

Additional Flights
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 10:25:41 pm »
Why not making it possible to fly a class 6 flight using a class 7 aircraft. Class 6 is also widebody and the flights are from short to medium/long so that somebody with the expensive addons like the PSS772 and PMDG744 can fly shorter flights for euroharmony.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Additional Flights
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 10:38:50 pm »
Yes I was also thinking exactly the same...then we could have this structure...

Any Class 1,2 or 3 Flight with any Class 1, 2 pr 3 Aircraft. (Prop Flights Only)
Any Class 4,5 or 6 Flight with and Class 4, 5 or 6 Aircraft. (Jet Aircraft)
Class 6 or 7 flight can be flown with any 7 aircraft.

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Additional Flights
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 11:05:27 pm »
Guys,

I know everybody is excited about this issue but lets sort one thing at a time here.....

A Technical schedule is a do-able idea because it reflects real world ops of a real world airline. Flying a 4 engined heavy on a twin engined widebody route is not generally something airlines do if they want to remain in business. I know some Japanese airlines still run 747SP or equivelants on short routes but these are all but being replaced these days.

Now I understand people have expensive addons that they want to use, I suggest if you want to run a plane on an unrealistic route then maybe just use time compression on a class 7 route, as this is also unrealistic. As per the ops manual time compression up to 4x is allowed as long as you are not flying online or using the PP system.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, Christophe's Maintenance Schedule idea will be discussed at the next meeting of the MT in March. As far as class 7 aircraft flying class 6 routes, I really do not feel that we should start looking at making wholesale changes to the ops manual and reducing realism further for this idea.

Sorry
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1671 Ben

Additional Flights
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 04:24:52 am »
Integrating the Class 6 routes and the Class 7 planes isn't such a great idea - reaching Class 7 is a great goal for our younger pilots and it should hold its own place in the EuroHarmony timetable and fleet.

However, I love the maintenance hub idea and would be very excited to see it put into action - I hope it is passed at the next management meeting ;)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Additional Flights
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 12:26:04 am »
Christophe (And all)

I would like to inform you that an announcement has been made regarding the implementation of your idea for a maintenance schedule.

Please see:

http://www.fly-euroharmony.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3955&page=1#pid31432

Thanks and keep the ideas coming! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

• Climbing
Additional Flights
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 02:41:14 pm »
Excellent. Thank you to have made this idea happening.

Hope a lot of us will enjoy it.

Cheers
Kristoff