Author Topic: Beacon penalties  (Read 4489 times)

EHM-0250 Magnus

Beacon penalties
« on: February 25, 2007, 01:27:48 pm »
I get a beacon penalty when using the Dash 8. I read that there is a code that removes the beacon penalty for the 747-400, but how is it for the Dash 8?

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
Beacon penalties
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:08:23 am »
Interesting .... will be watching this thread closely.

However I did encounter this problem of beacon penalty, especially when I was fiddling with the GPS and would press in L to punch in the airport codes of Switzerland, and would find that the lights went off :% and then immediately a penalty on the screen :[

Once on, you dont need to worry about it till you land, because beacon lights need to be on full time anyways, when the engine is on and off only after shutdown of engines.
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-1570 Bruce

• Geostationary orbit
Beacon penalties
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 09:00:04 am »
Beacon lights should be turned on before engine start, and remain on until after you have shut down the engines. After shutting down the engines do not be in a rush to turn off the lights, wait until the FlightLogger has stopped logging, in this way you will avoid any beacon penalties.
Bruce Woodbridge
EHM 1570

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
Beacon penalties
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 12:56:05 am »
Hi Pilots !
I have encountered the same with my Dash - I am sure, that I put the switch of my beacon lights to red before starting the engines, but on the flightlogger I saw the "penalty for staring engines without beacon lights". Anyway to get loss of this annoying points ?

Greetings
Franz