Poll

ProPilot FAC system changes.

Current score should be recalculated with new algorythem.
22 (50%)
FAC should be reset to Zero but PP flight hours maintained.
17 (38.6%)
Leave it alone, its fine the way it is.
3 (6.8%)
I don't mind.
2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: ProPilot FAC system changes.  (Read 6789 times)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:56:17 pm »
Please note that we are planning on implementing the new FAC scoring system for Propilot soon. The system was discussed at length and if you would like further details, please refer to the original post HERE

With this in mind, we would like as many Pilots as possible to vote on the options above to see what is the most popular way to implement the new FAC system.

If you have any questions or comments, please discuss them here but please do not get in to details of the scoring system in this thread as this is merely for finding out how pilots would like to see it implemented.

This Poll will close on March 21 at 00:00 zulu.

Many thanks.

MT Team
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 11:47:55 pm »
One week left to vote guys!

Please make sure you post your vote so that we can get a fair representation of the pilots.

Cheers,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 07:37:05 am »
I voted for option 1 ;D

I want the new FAC but if i started from zero when i already have a good score, having those hours dont help if it isint taken into calculation...(not sure how to explain :s )

Offline EHM-1945 Christophe

• Climbing
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 11:01:59 am »
I voted 1 as well, even if my score is not so good :]

It is fair for people that have already spend a lot of time to reach this level of score.

Kristoff

P5K Premium + Core2Duo E8200 - 4 GBytes of RAM - nVIDIA PCIe 8800GT - 512 Mbytes of DDR3 - TripleHead2Go - 3 x Viewsonic Vx712/Vx715 LCD Monitors - GoFlight M

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 03:21:15 pm »
I voted for option 2...I think it is going to be so difficult for the MT to recalculate everyone's FAC..I spent 20mins calculating mine...and I have just done 20flights...I think it will be too long to do for everyone (I mean using a program :%)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:55:05 pm »
You are right Paolo,

It is going to be very difficult... but not impossible for messrs Murray, Bruno & Maarten. I am sure between them they will figure a way of automating it! I can say that I am sure this will slow the process down though and will lengthen the time before this update happens.

Cheers,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 07:30:44 pm »
Me and my terrible memory, I'd need to look at Bruno's code for the new FAC to be sure, but I suspect it wouldn't take more than an hour to come up with a workable SQL Query to recalculate everyone's FAC. It's then just a case of giving the query to MySQL and waiting for it to finish recalculating.

EDIT: On the assumption that the new FAC algorithm hasn't changed from Bruno's original post, there's nothing in it that would cause too much difficulty - from a development standpoint, all the data is easy enough to get at in SQL (a few LEFT JOINs for sure). I'm almost tempted to devote a bit of time to it tonight and see what my own PP FAC is under the new algorithm.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 08:06:43 pm »
Well, there is still 6 days left on the poll so the result could change yet! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-0250 Magnus

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 10:15:39 am »
If they didn't have a good automated way to recalculate I don't think they would have that option in the poll. Doing it manually would take so much time that it would probably take months.

Offline EHM-1657 Jay

• Super cruise
    • http://www.ewr0688.com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 07:43:44 am »
I voted for option 1, I do not want to lose my great score that I am proud of ... call it selfish ;) Adding to that though, I reckon it is a great idea to have the new system implemented anyway :)
[img]

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 09:10:05 pm »
Gents,

This is the last day to make your vote count. If you have not done so already, please choose an option from the list above.

Thanks,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 01:17:13 am »
Many thanks to all those that voted.

The winner of the pole was the idea to recalculate everyones FAC score with the new algorythem.

This will now be put on the development schedule. More information will be posted when we are ready to make the changes and the automated update has been tested.

Regards
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything