Author Topic: Keeping my account active  (Read 2955 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Keeping my account active
« on: March 17, 2007, 02:05:44 pm »
Hello All
I have just filed my first pirep for a long time and i hope this will keep my account active(i received a warning that i was about to be disgruntulated;D)nice to be back.I even managed a decent visual approach and landing(LSZH).
PS does Flogger have to be connected for the duration of the flight?i cant remember but my internet connection kept reconnecting each time i started it,but that may just be my settings.
cheers All
Andy

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 02:46:40 pm »
Hi Andrew,

If you are not flying on ProPilot, you can use flogger offline. Just fly your flight as normal but instead of reporting the PIREP upon completion, you can save it and send it when you re-connect.

So I guess the answer to your question is, Flight Logger has to be running for the duration of the flight but it does not have to remain connected to the internet.

Hope that helps,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 03:35:26 pm »
Thanks Phil
I thought that was the case.I must have my internet connection to log on automatically and its nothing to do with Flogger running.
cheers andy

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 05:12:45 am »
This concept on which Flight Logger is built, is really cool. With a connection of mine at home, which is a dialup and disconnects quite often, FL becomes a boom, which tracks me offline anyways and then I can file my pirep without any hassles.

Kudos to the team ... of FL and EHM too.
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 08:04:40 am »
And just a little reminder to all of us, our three statuses that you'll commonly see; active, inactive, removed.

If you don't file a PIREP for a while, you're moved from active to inactive - file a PIREP and you'll be moved back to active automatically.

If you still don't file a PIREP for a while (as inactive), you're moved from inactive to removed - file a PIREP and you'll be moved back to active automatically. ;D

The point being that all you need to do, no matter what status your account has fallen into, is file a PIREP and you'll be back to active - the only thing that changes is your status.

Edit: Sorry for the quadrupal post ;D My laptop playing silly beggars this morning.
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

anything