Author Topic: Cargo Flight  (Read 5494 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Cargo Flight
« on: April 07, 2007, 12:25:20 am »
EuroCargo - it's not glamorous, you don't meet celebrities on the plane and there's precious little sun, sea and... sangria unlike other Divisions ;)

And that's exactly why I thought I'd do a Focus on Cargo this week, to let all you non-cargo pilots find out what you're missing ;D

Cargo flights often bring the necessities of life to far-flung communities and are a vital lifeline. AND they're a great test of your IFR and night flying skills including many airports with few radio beacons and lots of mountains surrounding them, great for those foggy days!

Here at Zurich we offer an unsurpassed range of EuroCargo flights to choose from to some big cities...

and really remote islands...

The facilities vary from full ILS approaches...

...to purely visual ones - so why not challenge yourself to a different kind of flight?

If this has got you thinking then have a look at:-

http://www.zurich-airport.com/dokumente/see_your_cargo_at_Zurich.pdf

It's a really interesting brochure about real world cargo ops at Zurich, well worth a read ;)

Feel free to leave comments, thoughts or trip pics here !
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
Cargo Flight
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:03:53 pm »
Hi Dominic,

Looks very interesting .. with me on Class 3 I look for some cargo trips too on the Shorts 360. And yes Cargo is a different kind of flight all together, its a critical mission generally involving sending of goods required to meet immediate requirements of food and other aids in case of some calamity etc.

Looking forward to flying some soon.
Vincent
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-2089 Vincent

• FL100
Cargo Flight
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 02:50:43 pm »
I did my first Cargo flight today. I had initially signed up to fly to LSPU but had to cancel that flight as I could not find the airport in FS2004:% and hence did not know where to go!!!

So I cancelled that flight and booked another one to LOWS and delivered a good amount of load there and returned back to my hub LSZH today.

Shorts s360 is a cool plane, a bit slow, but a good handler and can take off in a short run, good control on the plane. Look forward to be doing more Cargo flights .. :>
Vincent,
Bangalore

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Cargo Flight
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:05:14 pm »
You're right Vincent - the Shorts is a great little plane, ideal for those awkward airports with difficult approaches and short runways, just like many of those around the Alps ;)

I'm pleased this item has got you interested in EuroCargo, there's certainly a wide range of flights to keep you interested as you go up the ranks :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
Cargo Flight
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 09:16:36 pm »
Dominic, how dare you! No pics of the A310!!

Just joking! The A310 is my favourite of the EuroCargo series, but the MD, and the Shorts are lovely planes. unfortunately, I kind of screwed up the panel on the Shorts, and haven't flown it for a very long time. After seeing those pictures, I think I'll give it another go!

EHM-1612 Paolo

Cargo Flight
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 09:23:50 pm »
I've just finished 2 flights with the Airbus A310-300F and it's just one of the best planes I've ever flown. It is so powerful and it can take off on very short rwys. I love its handling. I'm so looking foward to fly it with the new livery! ;)

anything