Author Topic: LSZH Hub Newsletter – April 2007  (Read 4354 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
LSZH Hub Newsletter – April 2007
« on: April 21, 2007, 06:49:51 am »
I’ve been Zurich Hub Captain for about 5 weeks now and I’d like to update you all on a few plans and ideas for developing our Hub community.

I hope you’ll all have seen the various articles I’ve posted on the Zurich Forum pages – my plan is to keep you updated on developments at the real world LSZH and give some Zurich themed suggestions for flights. Some of the subjects I have lined up for future articles include the Autumn in the Alps tour, flightseeing in the Agusta helicopter, flight procedures at LSZH and good Swiss sceneries.

I hope you’ve enjoyed the subjects I’ve covered so far, please feel free to make suggestions for future items as I’d really like to tailor them to what interests you, the pilots of Zurich! Please post your own articles too if you’d like, the Forum is all about participation and sharing ideas ;)

In addition to the Forum, I’m very interested to know your views on Fly-ins. They’re a great way to get to know fellow pilots and enjoy our hobby as a group rather than as individuals! However, I know that each of us has our own preferences as to long haul, short haul, jets or props…

So I would love to hear from each of you what would make you take part in a Hub Fly-in? Vincent (EHM-2089) has started an excellent item on this very topic in the Forum pages so now is a perfect time for everyone to share their views so we can organise events to please as many pilots as possible.

So, let me know your thoughts and interests so I can make this Hub the best it can be for its pilots ;) If you have any suggestions about Hub activities & events please let me know on the Forum or by e-mail to dominic@fly-euroharmony.com.

Zurich – always something new!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:58:17 am »
Hello Dom,

I'm finally back after a looong (5 weeks) business and trip and happy to come back to the forum.

Your posts are always informative and a pleasure to read.
From my side, I am very keen to try out some formation flying or close flying with other colleagues. However, I'm also aware that the downside of this is that we have to it away from a controlled area otherwise the local controller would go mental.

Also, if we could have what I'd call mini fly-ins that won't take too much time (2 - 2.5 hrs) yet get many of us online it would be great as commitments sometimes stop some of us participating in 4-5 hrs events.

On the whole, this is an excellent period for flying in CH as the weather has been great the last weeks and looks like we're in for a really hot summer.

All the best from Switzerland

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 07:52:26 pm »
Sotiris,

Welcome back and thanks for your feedback, it's always nice to hear that the articles are useful :P

As you'll see on the Hub fly-in page, we're in the process of deciding on how best to implement Vincent's great suggestion about a formation type fly-in round Zurich so I'd be interested in your suggestions on how best we can make this work...

Shorter fly-ins are certsainly something I'd like to explore as it's important we give as many pilots as possible the chance to join in, especially those who haven't much experience flying online. So any suggestions on routes etc would be very helpful!

Keep watching this space, I'm working on some new items which you'll see in the next week or so... ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything