Author Topic: Agreed  (Read 8948 times)

Jarrett747

Agreed
« on: June 17, 2004, 06:06:21 am »
I hate IVAO. I got suspended from them for their stupidity. They are the worst, join VATSIM, they are better. I love VATSIM! Much larger ATC and nicer people.  Yup!

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Agreed
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 07:16:16 am »
Why were you suspended? I am a member of both VATSIM and IVAO. I have been suspended from VATSIM for 48 hours because of a communication breakdown in the NY ARTCC. I like VATSIM better because it is busier however, I have found the IVAO staff to be both friendly and professional.

I am interested to hear your story.

EHM-0001 Gergely

Agreed
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 12:01:31 pm »
IVAO is far more better than VATSIM. I flew at both networks and finally decided to stay on IVAO because they are the best. There's about twice as much traffic and ATC in Europe, people are professional, friendly and helpful and everyone has fun. If you got suspended, it means you were for YOUR stupidity, not theirs.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Agreed
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 03:55:59 pm »
I like IVAO because the people on it are very friendly and on VATSIM all the rules seem strict. But that was some time ago. I had to go on to IVAO because I lost my ID and pw for VATSIM.:]

EHM-0641 Rico

Agreed
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 06:26:41 pm »
Originally posted by YR-TGM
IVAO is far more better than VATSIM. I flew at both networks and finally decided to stay on IVAO because they are the best. There's about twice as much traffic and ATC in Europe, people are professional, friendly and helpful and everyone has fun. If you got suspended, it means you were for YOUR stupidity, not theirs.

VATSIM sux big time ... they are all arrogant.  and their voice comm. tool RW (ROger Wilco) is the biggest crap ever invented...   IVAO is definitly the best

EHM-0001 Gergely

Agreed
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 06:36:31 pm »
I won't say they suck or are arrogant, they are just too strict on rules and this has a negative effect on fun. For example, if you do something wrong (e.g. can't intercept ILS), on IVAO controllers explain how should you do it while on VATSIM they likely get angry.

Also VATSIM don't use RW anymore, they have Adv Voice Client, however you can join on their servers with RW too (but it's not recommended).

EHM-1152 Thomas

Agreed
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 12:35:04 am »
I am pretty sure that we will all never agree on this but I might as well have my say!
I definately choose Vatsim mainly because the level of activety in the UK is far better than on IVAO.
And I would have to disgree about controllers getting angry.  That has never happened to me or anyone around me and I have always found them extremely helpful and ready to give good advice.

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Agreed
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 06:14:53 am »
I agree with Tom. I have had only one bad experience with VATSIM and it was my fault to begin with. Even then the controller at NY Approach was professional and remained patient and composed.

On IVAO I recall a Lisbon controller piping up "EuroHarmony 695 what the hell are you doing?" Naturally I was shocked. Turns out a miscommunication between controllers was to blame but, it's not like it was busy in LPPC airspace so I have no idea why the Center controller screamed into his mic.

I have found both VATSIM and IVAO staff to be very helpful. I think some of the training programs on IVAO are a bit bogus however, you can only simulate so much before some of the rules need to be altered slightly.

I'm not a controller yet but, the pilot training program on IVAO is too in depth in relatively inconsequential details. It lacks a proper learning curve.

EHM-0001 Gergely

Agreed
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 08:19:46 am »
Well about controllers getting angry, it were only my personal experiences so it might be not generally valid.

On IVAO traffic is much higher in Western and Central Europe, while on VATSIM it's higher in UK and US (on IVAO there's virtually no traffic and ATC in the US). It depends where do you like to fly; I mainly fly in Central Europe so IVAO is ok for me.

Offline EHM-0695 Scott

• Climbing
Agreed
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 04:53:54 pm »
So true. IVAO is always packed with ATC in Central Europe. Though I don't see much ATC in Northern Europe on EITHER network.

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Agreed
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 08:06:06 pm »
Well my opinion is that IVAO is better. The staff helped me online and they speak calmly and upbeat wheras the VATSIM atc are quite abrupt.
Thats my opinion

EHM-0744 Alex

Agreed
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 09:35:32 pm »
I think the two networks have something to offer, however if they werent different, why would there be 2!? I think IVAO i great to learn how to fly online on even though their manuals arent very good, and then go onto more proffesional things such as VATSIM. Also the geographic issue, both networks seem to have their "Zones" on which there are always more pilots on one Network in that place.

Anyways, have you guys seen the ranking for the EURO2004 flight booking??? We're 2nd! A European VA above the Portuguese locals... shows me evreyday how EHM grows daily.

Cheers,

Alex;)

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Agreed
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 08:34:58 am »
I saw that but we was third :]

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Agreed
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2004, 09:31:17 am »
That is still very good considering all VA's and GA's out there

EHM-0744 Alex

Agreed
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2004, 12:44:29 pm »
I just checked we are 2nd behind EuroSky

EHM-1343 Jonathan

Agreed
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2004, 01:13:29 pm »
Lets have max participation from pilots and get to the top where EHM should be

EHM-0001 Gergely

Agreed
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2004, 08:53:13 pm »
I think the two networks have something to offer, however if they werent different, why would there be 2!?

In the beginning there was a single network (SATCO), but due to disagreements and quarrels, it split in two. The 'mission' is the same for both networks (to simulate ATC and flying in a multiplayer environment), however the feeling is different.

I think IVAO i great to learn how to fly online on even though their manuals arent very good, and then go onto more proffesional things such as VATSIM.

I don't regard VATSIM as more professional. Well they are more strict, but there are both good and bad ATC on both networks.

EHM-1400 Jarrett

Agreed
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 05:41:20 am »
Yes, I got back on the IVAO network, and I must say, it is better than VATSIM. IVAO keeps track of your total hours, awards, and professional. Hell,I even made IS-EC and starting to create the Iceland Division along with Rick Shuitemaker. IVAO kicks VATSIMs ass (pardon my french)

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Agreed
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2004, 10:06:19 am »
Dont you mean....Excusez mon anglais.:]
Personally i think IVAO is better because you have more ATC on. Well ATRCC (think its that) that you et more of.

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Agreed
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 08:37:40 am »
Popping in a question......which network has higher asian traffic? :P
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training

EHM-0001 Gergely

Agreed
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 09:18:11 am »
On IVAO, Thailand, Singapore and India are more active. On VATSIM, it's Japan and South Korea.

Offline EHM-1358 Tim

• Intergalactic!!
Agreed
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 03:59:29 pm »
But just saying this because it is 'Euro'harmony i would pick IVAO becuase there seems to be more ATC and ATRCC

EHM-1152 Thomas

Agreed
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 09:16:58 pm »
When this discussion was started I was very much a Vatsim man.
How things have changed.  I decided to give IVAO a go and enjoyed it a lot more due to the greater level of traffic and ATC.  That really makes a huge difference.
I'll be flying on IVAO from now on ;D
I would urge anyone who hasn't tried IVAO to give it a try!

EHM-1400 Jarrett

Agreed
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 04:37:12 am »
Originally posted by Tom
When this discussion was started I was very much a Vatsim man.
How things have changed.  I decided to give IVAO a go and enjoyed it a lot more due to the greater level of traffic and ATC.  That really makes a huge difference.
I'll be flying on IVAO from now on ;D
I would urge anyone who hasn't tried IVAO to give it a try!

And you are so right. I am glad two months ago I made up with IVAO, because after flying IVAO first, then VATSIM, I kind of felt "what am I doing on VATSIM, theres something better out there." IVAO is great, TeamSpeak is much better is RW, Much more organised, divisions are cool, there are awards, ratings, and much more ways to have fun with the Virtual Aviation hobby. I agree, but I do regret having in the post "IVAO Sucks", because it doesn't, well, I too urge people to join IVAO rather than VATSIM!

Offline EHM-0962 Zhen Yi

• Martian transfer
Agreed
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 10:39:38 am »
Uh oh looks like Vatsim is fading away.....:P

Ok maybe just a little
Singapore vACC Controller (S1)
Clearance Delivery Training