Author Topic: Maintenance flight schedule  (Read 4264 times)

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Maintenance flight schedule
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:22:02 am »
Please discuss your ideas and concerns regarding our maintenance flight schedule in this thread.

Thank you
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:27:02 am »
Great idea, great addition.
Job well done!
So now, all of the class 7 'freaks' can get their short flights.
;D;D;D
Just don't start blaming Lufthansa for every PP crash that happens out there :]

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:04:03 pm »
woohooo!!! short Class 7 flights ;D;D;D

just a little suggestion, maybe in the (near or far)future, if there is a need for a maintainence base in Asia, go to Singapore;D Changi International has huge Hangars for SIA and SLK ;D;D

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 04:34:26 pm »
That's great, now I'll have to download a good scenery for Frankfurt with the Technick Hangar....;)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 03:09:02 pm »
Well, after a quick look at AVSIM I found two files that make up the complete EDDF.

Frankfurt Main Scenery v1.1

Frankfurt Main Scenery Additions

Furthermore, if you want to get the city Scenery for your approaches here's another link:
Frankfurt City Scenery

They are all for FS2004 and worked on my machine. Of course the software wizards around can tell us if it works for them too.

Safe landings everyone.

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 10:00:27 am »
A bit confused by this idea....why not just include some short class 7 flights in the timetable?
Will pro-pilot tell you when a plane needs servicing? That would make the most sense to me i.e when a plane has flown x amount of hours, it has to be flown to EDDF for servicing - then when you try to select the plane in propilot it says you can only fly that aircraft to EDDF or pick another plane/
Otherwise just seems a bit of a gimmick to me with no real point.....

Jim

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 06:50:42 pm »
Jim,

It is a gimmick with no real point!

This was merely implemented as a response to a popular request from a considerable number of pilots who asked for shorter flights for class 7. Our thinking is that it needs to be as realistic as possible which is why we opted for the VERY limited maintenance schedule as suggested by Christophe Moutot Here. Let's face it, you don't see many 747-400's flying a schedule from London to Frankfurt with PAX on board. This way we have a realistic way of implementing it as many RW airlines perform this sort of movement.

In the future (distant future at this time may I add) when the ProPilot system is developed to the next generation with failures and maintenance, we will be utilizing these flights for positioning aircraft to EDDF for routine and essential maintenance.

Sorry if you don't like what we have done, I hope it doesn't inconvenience you in any way.

Regards,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1500 Jim

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 10:30:57 am »
Don't get me wrong Phil, am all in favour of short routes for some of the bigger aircraft for those of us with limited time. If it is just your way of justifying them on the timetable then i completely understand.

Jim

EHM-1671 Ben

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:19 am »
Originally posted by EHM-2029 Sotiris
So now, all of the class 7 'freaks' can get their short flights.
;D;D;D

Hehe, that's me ;)

Great idea guys, big thanks to Christophe and Phil! I'll finally be able to make a short flight in the Queen of the Skies ;D Not a moment too soon, that Lisbon - Gran Canarias route was going to get REAL old ;D

Offline EHM-1001 Robert

• Global Moderator
  • Intergalactic!!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 05:44:43 pm »
Some new airplanes were inserted to Frankfurt under ProPilot. You can spread them out to the HUBs ;)

AMD X4-955 3.2GHz / Gigabyte 770T / 4 GB DDR / Gigabyte GTS450 1GB DDR
Samsung 226BW@1680x1050 / WinXP.3 / FS9.1 / FSX.1 / Saitek Cyborg 3DGold