Author Topic: Download problems  (Read 3866 times)

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Download problems
« on: May 10, 2007, 04:21:52 pm »
Hello
I have been trying to download both the 747 cargo and Euroharmony models,but the download starts then completes almost instantly and when opened says something like invalid file.
Any thoughts please.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1009 Kevin

• Contact departure
    • http://www.myspace.com/kevbooth27478
Download problems
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:37:28 pm »
again, i think this is something to do with the server and it running at capacity?? but i am not 100% sure about this but i have also had the problems dowloading from the site. i just simple give it 30mins and retry with no problems.

it not possible for everyone to contribute but i think we all need to support the MT in getting the problems with the site sorted with the purchase of the new servers.;D;D
Kevin Booth - EHM 1009
EGLL -
Intel Quad Q6600 @3.0Ghz
Biostar TPower I45
ATI 4850 x1
4GB OCZ RAM
Windows 7 Home Edition
120GB SSD Boot Drive

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Download problems
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 04:42:50 pm »
AH HA!Thanks for that.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Download problems
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 04:50:46 pm »
I have just checked and I also had problems downloading. This seems to be a problem at Bluehosts end as I have checked the server and the files are on there and they are not corrupt. I am sure Maarten or Bruno can update the situation when they get chance.

In the meantime, I can not really offer a solution as I am still at work and I am limited to what i can achieve from here. My apologies for the problem.

Regards,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Download problems
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 05:04:20 pm »
Dont worry Phil these things happen.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-2097 Andrei

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
Download problems
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 04:23:35 pm »
Hello,

I had the same problem with most downloads and I ended up with the conclusion that it happens because my network connection is too fast! (warning, this may be wrong as I could not check with a slower one ;)).

I don't think the file on the server is corrupted, it rather looks like it's not fully downloaded.

However, eventually I managed to download every plane I tried by using one of the following tricks (for reasons that escape me, none worked in every occasion):

1. Start download while something else (the bigger, the better) is transferred via the same network.

2. Select "Run" rather than  "Save" option in Internet Explorer (it beats me why :o). The tricky part is that if you actually want to save the file, you can find it in the "Temporary Internet Files" folders - but only BEFORE you finish running it, afterwards it's deleted. This was most necessary for me as I'm not using the same PC for FS and downloads.

By the way, these tricks suggest a third one, but I didn't try it (yet): download using another browser.

Hope this helps

Andrei
Andrei Vatasescu // EHM-2097

Offline EHM-1838 Andrew

• Martian transfer
Download problems
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 04:45:57 pm »
Andrei
Thanks for that.I have just downlaoded the EHM AI pak using the "open"option not "save"(dont have run)and it worked, i have just installed into FS.
cheers Andy

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Download problems
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 06:34:31 pm »
These issues have been addressed with our website host and they are not taking any responsibility. We know the files are not corrupt therefore (I hope you don't mind Murray) if you have any further problems , please try downloading them from here:

http://webmail.liquidthinking.co.uk/~murray/fleet-mirror.html

We hope to have the situation fully resolved soon.

Thanks,

Phil Nutt
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-2101 Tarik

Download problems
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 04:19:11 pm »
Thanks for the link, Philip! Maybe you can add it to the site until this situation is resolved.

Offline EHM-0005 Maarten

• Martian transfer
Download problems
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 05:22:36 pm »
Hi Tarik,

Once we're on the new server (this weekend) then you'll have no problems to download the files from the website anymore.