Author Topic: realistic flights  (Read 4845 times)

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
realistic flights
« on: May 24, 2007, 11:54:58 am »
Hi Pro-Pilots !
Today I wanted fly home the new champion AC Milan or the
british fans to Liverpool, but there is no destination from Athens in PP ?
Studying the destinations when  I wanted to lock a flight there are some strange connections!
Fore example: MD 83  H331  LGAV - Delhi,  
                                   H335  LGAV -Tokyo
                                   H321  LGAV - Kathmandu   :|
I cannot belive, that this small aircraft will ever fly such long hauls. Is this only a error in the flightlogger?

Lot of greetings
Franz

EHM-1612 Paolo

realistic flights
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 05:41:37 pm »
Yes I think so...however there is a flight available on PP from Athens to Milan, with the Airbus A320-200...you can see the winners, and of course the cup ;)
Hope this helps

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
realistic flights
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 07:11:04 pm »
Hi Franz,

If you put those flight numbers through the Flogger you will see that they are all class 6 flights which would normally be flown with the 757. Because of the Class 1-2-3 and Class 4-5-6 groupings you could fly these routes using a Class 5 (or 4!) plane but you may need to refuel on the way (or limit the number of pax to less than 6 perhaps... ;))
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-1671 Ben

realistic flights
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 05:54:09 am »
Originally posted by EHM-1800 Franz
Fore example: MD 83  H331  LGAV - Delhi,  
                                   H335  LGAV -Tokyo
                                   H321  LGAV - Kathmandu   :|

The Athens to Delhi and Athens to Kathmandu routes are both well within the 757's range of 4,100nm. Due to the small size of the its cabin, though, they would be very uncomfortable flights ;)

The Athens to Tokyo route, though, is 1,000nm (over two hours of flight time) outside the range of the 757. Maybe someone in management could change this? ;D

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
realistic flights
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 05:26:48 pm »
Dear all,

We know there are a few "duff" flights in the schedule, which is why I started a new topic and topped the thread in the technical discussions forum last week.

If anyone finds a flight that is obviously not possible, please post the details such as departure, arrival, division, class and flight number in THIS THREAD and I will endeavor to sort these out once per month.  I can not guarantee every one will be corrected, especially if it is not posted in the aforementioned thread.

Many thanks,
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

anything