Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 3613 times)

EHM-2144 Terry

Hi all
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:33:50 pm »
My name is Terry. Live in Kent England.  I'm 57 and still feel quite young. lol.  
Been playing fps games online now for about 5 years and just recently I loaded my fs9 once more and since then the bug has taken me.  I did'nt realise to what depths this va stuff goes to till I sat down one night and had a good browse on the net.  Anyway, I've not much experience of va's and was wondering if I joined would you guys be able to give me advise and help me along.  Especially with flying online ect, once I get to know the ropes as it were.

Many thanks

TerryS

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
Hi all
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 11:47:21 pm »
Terry

Hi and welcome to the forum!

We have quite an active bunch of pilots and management who would be more than happy to help you out...  The good thing is, as we have been going 6 years, most of the questions you have will have already been answered! :)

When you sign up to the airline, during the first week, you will get a series of tutorial emails that will show you the basic ropes... how ot download and install the planes etc. After that your Hub Manager (whichever hub you decide to join) will be happy to answer your questions via email or if you want to try and get an answer a bit quicker, the forums will usually get you an answer within a few hours!

Murray and Christian head up our online department and they have some training tools that can help you out and we also have quite a few pilots who run ATC positions on both VATSIM and IVAO so a quick post here will normally get you a friendly and helpful controller to show you the ropes also!

Whatever you want to do, the guys here will always be happy to help! All you have to do is shout!

Good luck and welcome!
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-2144 Terry

Hi all
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 12:03:55 am »
Many thanks Phil for the information and the welcome.  I'll sit down tomorrow and fill in the joining form.  

TerryS

EHM-2101 Tarik

Hi all
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 09:34:19 am »
Welcome Terry! It's always nice to see new pilots here in forums too ;)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

Hi all
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:45:48 am »
Welcome aboard Terry,

we're all here to help.
I can testify that I was in just the same situation as you about a year ago.
Since then the guys have helped me understand and learn loads all the while having fun doing it.

So, welcome to the best VA, enjoy your time here, don't try to take everything in at once and never be afraid to ask anything. We're here to help.

One last note: If you fancy getting to grips with on-line flying we could arrange some suitable time and I can guide you through it step-by-step. (Also EHM's online flying handbook is very well prepared)

EHM-1821 Javier

Hi all
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 02:50:33 pm »
welcome Terry!

Don't hesitate to ask anything here, i joined EHM about a year and a half ago, i was a total noob then :]

Have fun!!! ;D

Offline EHM-0471 Peter

• Cruise Altitude
Hi all
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:22:45 pm »
Hello Terry! Nice to have somebody of more mature young ages onboard! If you need any help, just let me know, but you'll need to come and land at LGAV. ( Don't worry, I know a few very suitable and pleasant places in Athens, where we may suck the beer and chat about..........soccer! )

Peter LGAV HM

EHM-2144 Terry

Hi all
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 07:30:30 pm »
Thank you all very much for the warm welcome and the opportunity to call on everyone's knowledge of simming.  I'm sure at some point I will pester everyone for advice but I can asure you all that it will not be miss-placed and Peter i'm sorry to say that i'm not into footy:[ but I hope, join you in a beer on my first landing at LGAV and perhaps a chat about .......beer!;)

Thanks again

TerryS

anything