Author Topic: Welcome to this new forum  (Read 7972 times)

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
Welcome to this new forum
« on: July 22, 2007, 06:08:57 pm »
Hi everyone...

Thought it might help with the whole subject of online flying and training for it to have a forum specifically.

To kick it all off, I've had a request for VATSIM-centric training; unfortunately, I've not flown on VATSIM since the start of the year, and even then it wasn't "real"... So, any volunteers for becoming our de-facto VATSIM trainer?
Murray Crane // EHM-0654 // Twitter
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:45:24 pm »
I'd like to help with that!

I'm sure also Javier would like to help with that, he's Vatsim crazy!

Just one question, when is it?

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:45:32 am »
*raises hand excitedly* ooh!! me!! ;D

I'm flying a lot more on Vatsim than Ivao recently, and with ATC experience on VATSIM, i'll be happy to help;D

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:23:28 am »
Thanks to you both gentlemen. In this first instance I'll go with Jav (because of the ATC experience Matt) and if it all goes well we'll look at expanding the VATSIM training department as/when need demands.

Jav, I'll send you an email with the pilots details and the very rough syllabus I use for the IVAO first flight training.
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:02:13 pm »
Just so you know ahead of time, I wouldn't mind doing an IVAO training either. I'm also a controller there, so maybe I'd be better on IVAO instead of Vatsim.

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 01:37:45 pm »
Thanks Murray;D

I'm glad to be able to do my part to help out;D

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 02:47:31 pm »
Dear Murray !

What a great idea !  
I hope many - best would be all ! - EHM members will participate on this possibility and we would virtual see us as often as possible in the sky or on various airports !
If I can help let me know. Since I startet online-flying, after 1500 hours I can say, I never flew offline anymore - except testing a new aircraft or scenery.

Hope to meet you soon !
Franz
EHM-1800

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 10:18:37 am »
Hmm... VATSIM has just implemented a pilot mentoring scheme for new pilots (there will be designated mentors online at all times, new pilots would be invited to chat to the mentor before connecting with ATC, the mentor offering assistance as needed by the pilot) and I've though that offering something similar, but much lower key, would be a great way to (a) improve the community of EHM and (b) get more of our pilots online.

I'll get a poll/thread started on this I think...
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

EHM-1798 Conrad

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 01:18:56 pm »
Originally posted by EHM-1883 Matt
Just so you know ahead of time, I wouldn't mind doing an IVAO training either. I'm also a controller there, so maybe I'd be better on IVAO instead of Vatsim.

Perhaps contacting the IVAO training department? Can't do anything with me any more as i have recently resigned due to univeristy.

You wouldn't be able to get any better training for ATS / Piloting as members of the training dept are real world ATC and pilots ;)

Also, i would suggest some contact with the Division to let them know about the training and go into it with detail with them.

Regards.

Offline EHM-0654 Murray

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
    • The Ponderings of PMUK
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 09:23:13 pm »
Thanks for the input Conrad, I honestly hadn't considered involving any of the IVAO divisions in this (or VATSIM for that matter, other than "borrowing" their idea for mentoring). Going to a few of the IVAO divs/VATSIM ARTCCs for additional help would be a great way to gain access to a vast resource pool.

I know full well I don't need to tell you, but it must of course be remembered that as a VA we are network neutral, so we need to be able to offer a service for all networks - hence asking the membership for assistance.

But we'll take your suggestions on board and add them to the mix. ;)
VA Management

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Offline EHM-1883 Matt

• Martian transfer
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 05:31:19 pm »
I thought somewhere we said we wouldn't get involved in IVAO and Vatsim {insert confused smilie}

Offline EHM-0948 Bruno

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 06:28:08 pm »
Hi Matt,

.. and we will stick to our word.

But that doesn't mean that when we want to train pilots, we should logically consider one of both networks.

anything