Author Topic: LSZH Hub Newsletter - Summer 2007  (Read 3722 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
LSZH Hub Newsletter - Summer 2007
« on: August 01, 2007, 08:18:52 am »
For anyone that didn't receive the latest LSZH newsletter, I'm reproducing it here... :P

ZURICH HUB NEWSLETTER - SUMMER 2007

Happy Birthday Switzerland! Yes, the first of August is the day we celebrate the birth of the Swiss Confederation (formed on 1st August 1291) so I thought I’d send you all a short birthday newsletter to update you on developments here at EuroHarmony’s beautiful Alpine Hub…

Firstly, thank you and congratulations to every one of you – I’m pleased to say that Zurich is now EuroHarmony’s second busiest Hub! The statistics this morning (1st Aug) show us with 28 active pilots, second only to London Heathrow and between us we have flown 8115 flights just behind Heathrow’s milestone of 10007 (Well done EGLL too!)

This great achievement is a real team effort and each one of us can be proud that our Hub has overtaken Amsterdam Schiphol to take second place. I’d also like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to some of the most active pilots here in Zurich who have each flown over 1000 hours for our airline! So well done to:-
EHM-517 Attila Gam
EHM-695 Scott Clifford
EHM-1549 Stefan Elber
and EHM-1597 Dan O’Brien
Great work guys, long may it continue :)

I hope you have all seen and enjoyed the series of “Zurich In Focus” articles I’ve been running in the Community Forum. I have plans for a number of other articles, including (as we approach the right time of year!) features on the ‘Autumn in the Alps’ tour with its really challenging approaches and in addition a guide to mountain flying! If any of you have topics you’d like covered or you want to submit your own articles please get in touch.

This Autumn we can also look forward to the EuroBusiness fleet being repainted into the new EHM livery. Zurich holds an important position in the world of business aviation, with the headquarters of many international banks in our region. So I know you will all join me in christening our new planes as soon as the paint is dry - our customers are already waiting for that special EuroBusiness treatment!! You can look forward to a number of special events and feature articles to celebrate this exciting development too. Together I'm sure we can make Zurich the number one EuroBusiness Hub!

As always I’d welcome your thoughts and suggestions for LSZH both on the Forum and via e-mail. Have a great Summer & see you in the Alpine skies!

Dom Mahon
LSZH Hub Captain
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management