Author Topic: September LSZH newsletter !  (Read 5401 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
September LSZH newsletter !
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:27:30 am »
Hi everyone!

Welcome to the September Zurich Hub Newsletter! As we move from Summer towards Autumn there's a lot happening here at LSZH so I'd like to briefly summarize some of the things we have to look forward to...

In the real world September is a busy month for events - watch out for news of the European Masters Golf and Jungfrau Marathon at Interlaken this weekend, the Ollon-Villars historic car races next weekend and the spectacular "freestyle.ch" snowboard, skateboard and other freestyle sports championship in our beautiful Hub city on the 21st to 23rd! All of these events will see lots of visitors arriving in Switzerland so why not be the EHM pilot who brings them across the Alps..?

Of course talking of the Alps, September brings us quite close to the time of year when our region looks its most dramatic! I invite you all to take part in the 'Autumn in the Alps' EHM Tour during the next 2 months - it is a wonderful set of flights and gets better every time you do them (as familiarity means you can concentrate more on the wonderful sights and less on not crashing!) I'll be posting more details on the Forum soon about how you can participate in this scenic challenge, either online or offline...

I'm currently busy putting together some articles to help you get the most out of all the destinations on the Alps Tour and I'm also creating a brand new scenery file for Zell am See (LOWZ) as there do not appear to be any freeware sceneries available for this dramatic destination...

I'm also looking forward to receiving entries from many of you for the "Spirit of Zurich" competition, I really want to see
what our Hub means to you whether as a screenshot, article, banner or video... Let's show the other Hubs why Zurich is so unique!! You have until Friday 14th September to get your entries in so get creative..!

That's all for now, let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for our Hub and your fellow pilots!

See you in the Alpine skies...
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:18:41 pm »
Quick update for you all on the new scenery I've created for Zell am See - it's going well and will hopefully make this leg of the Alps Tour much more lifelike...

Here's the default airport scenery for comparison:-

...and here are a few shots of the new version:-

1. The terminal and main hangars

2. The maintenance area

3. The glider runway

4. The overall layout (as per Jeppesen chart on this page)

Let me know what you think! I hope to release this soon... ;)
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

Offline EHM-1703 Philip

• Intergalactic!!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 11:24:02 pm »
Very nice! :)
Phil Nutt EHM 1703

EHM-1821 Javier

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 01:07:51 pm »
wow, nice work!! the plane in maintainence and the gliders look short and cute ;D

EHM-1612 Paolo

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 09:15:19 pm »
Very very nice scenery, Dom! I'm going to start this tour as soon as I receive my European Capital award ;)
Where are you going to upload it?

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 07:59:24 pm »
I plan to upload it to the server here - it shouldn't be a very heavy download as it's a RWY12 scenery so there aren't any custom buildings etc. And I've made an AI Traffic file too which uses default aircraft so that's small too ;)

Almost ready now :P
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

anything