Author Topic: Autumn in the Alps Tour online?  (Read 6470 times)

Offline EHM-1465 Dominic

• Administrator
  • Intergalactic!!
  • VA Management
Autumn in the Alps Tour online?
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:23:21 pm »
As I hope you'll have seen, I've started my series of articles on the Autumn in the Alps tour since autumn has well and truly arrived :P

I know some of you are keen to fly the legs of the Tour online with other pilots so this thread is to see who would like to take part and arrange suitable times / dates...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate as I'm spending a lot of time visiting my father in hospital at the moment but I'm sure one of you will step up and assist with this task..?

It's a fantastic tour and I wish you all lots of fun flying it together, enjoy!
Dom Mahon // EHM-1465
VA Management

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:16:48 pm »
Hello everyone,

as Dom said above, I'm willing, eager and able to help make this online flying a reality together.
As I also travel a lot so I will be available mostly during the weekend.
My initial proposal would be for some time on Saturday morning.
I can either help you guys out with going online, getting set-up and started and we can all fly together. Or alternatively, be your controller at either the departure or destination airport.

In order to gauge the level of interest in this I'd like to ask further posters to state:
Time and date available
Leg wishing to fly

I'm looking forward to getting in touch with you guys.

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 12:20:06 am »
Hi Sortiris !
Nice, that you will make the flight with a group online! - That´s  what I´m whising since a long time, becouse VFR is much fun flying together than alone ! I´m member at IVAO since 2004.  For me would be saterday evening or sunday morning a good time, but also others are excepted (if not too late at night)
I have Austrian Pro, Switzerland Pro, France VFR - so I think that the most parts we will visit I have in a good quality.   If you can wait maby till mid of october, a friend of mine is making a new scenery for Salzburg with the airport of Zell am See.  You can visit his homepage on www.rgflight.com
It would be nice if we could get a group!
Hope to hear from you!
A lot of greetings
Franz

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 11:55:18 am »
Hello Franz,

I'm more than happy to fly with everyone and/or control where necessary.
It's important that we get together up in the virtual skies.
I'll be online whenever we all agree but i want to get some indication from the other pilots flying this tour too.

On another point Franz, if you want to fly online just drop me a U2U whenever you feel like it and we can arrange to fly together. And the same goes to the other pilots too.

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 08:57:58 am »
Hallo Sotiris !
As I see, it seems that we are the only ones which would like to fly the tour together online !!!  What about if we start on monday on IVAO teamspeak CH server about 1730 h - 1800 zulu  
Monday is Austrian and Switzerland online-day and we have ATC service !
Maybe 2 friends of mine will follow us.
Do you have any idea if it is possible to join EHM with X-plane?

I would be glad to meet you in the virtual air !

Lot of greetings
Franz

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 09:27:37 am »
Hi Franz,

thanks for writing in. 18:00z looks OK for me at this moment (unless something REALLY unexpected happens).
Only one comment: let's connect on our EHM TS server first and then we can go online.

Which leg are you thinking of doing? (Please not the Courchevel one, as my scenery is a little messed up over there).

Finally, regarding X-plane I don't think it is supported in EHM. However, if friends want to join us in the online flight then they can also use X-plane and go online.

Offline EHM-1800 Franz

• Contact departure
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 09:25:05 pm »
Hallo Sotiris !
Noch eine Frage !  Yust a question !
Which password do I put in the EHM TS for connection ?

You can mail to me: franz.zeitelhofer@sbg.at

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 11:09:30 pm »
No password is necessary. Just from the homepage put your Nickname and press connect. :)

EHM-2029 Sotiris

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 07:43:40 pm »
Hello fellow pilots,

the first leg of the Autumn in the Alps online will take place tomorrow around 18:00z
All pilots are invited.
We will be departing Zurich for Sankt Gallen.
Prior to the event itself, let's have meet'n'greet session on the EHM TeamSpeak server. The easiest way to connect is go to our homepage, at TeamSpeak side window put in a nickname and just press connect. No login or password is required.

We're waiting to see you there.